Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AceGregg
Punch Card
Views: 2,763
Message 461 of 715

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue

Welcome merkk!

In response to your question, yes it is a hardware issue. To save you reading 45 pages, I'll summarize. The known issue is a manufacturing defect in the 4k panels supplied by a 3rd party. The diffuser sheet slips down and becomes visible at the top right. (Turn your yoga upside down to tablet mode and it will slip back up out of the way- only to fall down again later).The forum moderator (Andy) has supplied recent info that sufficient parts (replacement display) should now be available from Lenovo to effect repairs on all units. It is surprising to me that the defective units are still in the supply chain where you made your purchase. That makes it more difficult to encourage you to get it exchanged as you may still suffer the same issue with the replacement. Repair will take time and effort on your part, beginning with a service request.

Good luck.

jeivii
Punch Card
Views: 3,042
Message 462 of 715

@ederwen

I'd suggest you just return it.

Support with Lenovo is a bit of a crapshoot and you may not want to have to deal with issues over international borders.

surahman
SCSI Port
Views: 2,942
Message 463 of 715

I *STRONGLY* suggest you return the machine as well. Instead of making my life difficult for an issue that's Lenovo's fault, they should've been working to make it painless. Thanks Lenovo.

MOOOSE
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,849
Message 464 of 715

Are all yoga 720-15 4k laptops have this issue? Beacause my laptop has not met this problem,but I am really concerned...

Highlighted
documartin
Paper Tape
Views: 2,807
Message 465 of 715

Hi All, 

Bit of an update for you all on my problems. Basically Lenovo finally sent me a brand new laptop having said they can't replace/fix the screen a couple of weeks ago. Laptop turned up last Friday only for me to discover a dead/lit pixel in the left hand corner (see pic). It is only one but I can't believe it. Months of back and forth finally to get a new laptop and the screen is still defective. 

I emailed the customer service representative that I have been dealing with and they simply told me that Lenovo only replace screens if two or more pixels are defective. I understand the policy but frankly given the issues I've had you'd think they'd offer me something more than the copy and pasted reply basically saying tough luck. 

I have to say I think Andy on here has been great but other than that Lenovo's customer service is some of the worst I have ever come across.  I have constantly had to chase them for information and replies, dealt with cryptic automated messages from the repair centre, asked countless times to be called but just received emails and despite all of the problems I've had not once have they offered me any sort of compensation. 

I hope you all have better luck than me but I've been left completely deflated by the whole experience. I was so excited to be buying my first new laptop in seven years and Lenovo have totally ruined it for me. 

surahman
SCSI Port
Views: 2,680
Message 466 of 715

Return for refund.

Tech is finally coming in today after not showing up when he was supposed to on Thursday. Let's see how things go.
kagronick
Punch Card
Views: 2,647
Message 467 of 715

I am having the same issue. Identical to the pictures.

Samurai_Man
SCSI Port
Views: 2,633
Message 468 of 715

So part was supposed to come in yesterday 9/29 so hopefully I'll hear from a technician during next week *fingers crossed*

JayAnderson
What's DOS?
Views: 2,817
Message 469 of 715

OWNED LABTOP 34 days got black bar on top of screen. win 10 reset fail to fix. win 10 up to date, no fix found

JayAnderson
What's DOS?
Views: 2,818
Message 470 of 715

best buy 15 day return sucks

Top Kudoed Authors