Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sum91
Paper Tape
Views: 728
Message 731 of 747

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue

I am living with this black line since last 8 months. Fortunately, It is stuck just 5mm down from the top of the display. I am going to live with this until it lasts.

StGemma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 708
Message 732 of 747

I formatted my laptop and this issue went away, but it came back. I think it went away when I did the "Fresh Start" format.

blogwart
SCSI Port
Views: 704
Message 733 of 747

StGemma, please read this thread. It's not a software issue, changing settings or formatting and reinstalling Windows can't solve it. It's a hardware issue.
StGemma
Fanfold Paper
Views: 700
Message 734 of 747

Well, it worked for me somehow in the midst of formatting several times, because of other issues.  ¯\_(o.o)_/¯

bostwickenator
Fanfold Paper
Views: 422
Message 735 of 747

Well it happened to me as well. I sent it in for repair and they broke the sensor that detects if the device is in tablet mode. Then the screen line reoccurred two weeks later. It is insane they even bother trying to repair them

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 394
Message 736 of 747

Hi @bostwickenator !

Welcome to the Community,

Sorry about what happened. Have you reported the new and the reoccurring issue to the support team? Please share us the service order no. via private message, so we can check the previous repair.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

bivanss
What's DOS?
Views: 392
Message 737 of 747

Nobody have solution? Or previous bios to try downgrade??
jlear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 374
Message 738 of 747

I am surprised that this issue is marked solved. There has never been a reliable fix, the problem just reoccurs or new screen issues are introduced. Like other posters, I am living with this black line for over a year. No reason to send it to repair since the repair parts are not reliable. I will continue to live with this line until I switch to a new non-lenovo laptop. 

Highlighted
bostwickenator
Fanfold Paper
Views: 354
Message 739 of 747

new and the reoccurring issue 

That isn't exactly true now is it. Please check the "solution" on this case Hector. Basically it's a systemic flaw in this laptop and I'm baffled there isn't a class action case.

I've returned my machine via BestBuy but it seems like that is the wrong thing to do since Lenovo reps on this thread (see page 29) ask for details to raise with Lenovo directly.

Since I've just read all 74 pages here is a summary:

1. An issue with the black bar is discovered to effect a lot of people. 

2. It becomes obvious it's a hardware issue with a layer of the screen moving inside the case

3. Andy from the support team offers to help anyone who needs a replacement (see page 29) 

4. Lenovo decides that it is bad parts possibly a cable or an adhesive issue though it's never detailed. Andy says on page 37 that they are getting replacement parts. 

5. Replacement parts get shipped out to service centers and techs. Andy gives great detail on this.

6. Machines which have had replacements done with the new parts begin failing again

7. People complain about the on site techs being of variable technical skill, 3 reports of them breaking additional components while working on the screen.

8. People misreport this as connected to another thing (light leaks) and the topic is split up by the support moderators

9. Lots more reports of breaking. People are trying to compare batch numbers to figure out if it's just some of the machines. Several reports of sales people at stores saying they know about this issue and warn customers about it.

10. People get angry

11. Sort of an agreement that best stratergy seems to be send it in for service and push until given a case manager and then try and get the unit replaced with another model. This is taking upwards of 4 months for some people. Many others say they are going to just live with the line because they gave up.

12. People stop trying to back read the thread as it is too long and ask questions about software again. Hopefully this summary will help someone.

vandetta
Paper Tape
Views: 313
Message 740 of 747

This issue is not Solved at all. It's a well known fact that screen touchscreen film falls apart from top right corner because of a manifacturing defect which Lenovo sweeps under the carpet. The only "solution" by them was to fix the defect in the production and rename the unit as 730 and making the 720 obsolete and leaving their customers alone with their suffering. Will I buy a Lenovo product ever? Guess the answer.

Top Kudoed Authors