Message 71 of 797

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue

Lenovo should remove all these computers from the market
cworkman74
Core Memory
Views: 2,733
Message 72 of 797

Lenovo... response please? What's being done to correct this issue with the LCD supplier? Any ECD?

dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 2,712
Message 73 of 797

Hey cworkman -- great posts and info btw man. Kudos to you man for opening it up!!

Also ditto the response for Lenovo to check back in with us.... Andy has been silent....

Justin9192
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,687
Message 74 of 797

I just sent mine too the service center and I'm waiting for the same issue you have.. What are you doing? Did you call them back?

Justin9192
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,662
Message 75 of 797

I just sent mine in to the service department in Texas.. Do they know about this problem? I use mine for work and only had it for a little over a month and can't afford to send it back multiple times like some people in this post..

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.

jlear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,604
Message 76 of 797

Any suggestions on another model that compares favorably to the 720? I got it because of the 4 core processor and 16GB of RAM. It is fast but I can only get a full refund for another few days and without any word from Lenovo this machine is going back.

Hey Lenovo, hurry up and figure this out before you lose us to the competition. 

leda17
Paper Tape
Views: 2,154
Message 77 of 797

I purchased this laptop directly from Lenovo back in April and have been dealing with this display issue ever since. I sent in my original purchase for repair no less than 2 weeks after I purchased it. I was then told by Lenovo that the parts needed to fix this hardware issue were unavailable and waited approximately a month for the repaired unit to be sent to me. When the fixed laptop was returned to me, the black bar showed up again within three days of having it. I called up customer service again and was told to send it in for a repair. Lenovo held onto my laptop for 4 weeks before letting me know that I would have to wait an "indefinite" amount of time because the part needed to fix my laptop was again unavailable. I explained to a tech support manager that I needed my laptop for my job and could not afford to be without one for the forseeable future. Lenovo agreed to send me an entirely new unit. When it arrived (by now it was July), the display issue happened 2 days after receiving the unit.I called customer service again to see what could be done. When I tried to explained that this is a manufacutring/hardware issue that needs to be resolved, I was brushed off with at "thank you, but just send it in for repairs and hopefully this will fix the issue." 

Customer service told me that at this point I have 2 options:

1. Get another 720 and hope the issue doesn't happen again. (If it does, I'll be in an never ending cycle of sending in my laptop for repairs).

OR 

2. Get a full refund and no longer have to deal with this issue.

I have spent a great deal of money and time on this laptop, but since I have purchased this unit, it has spent more time in repair than acutally being used. Its incredibly frustrating and Lenovo has done NOTHING to help. The customer service has been abysmal. Based on this discussion thread, I see I am not the only one.

At this point, I don't know what to do. I bought this unit because it met every single one of my needs, but I am beyond frustrated with the issues that come along with replacing my laptop seemingly every month. If you're considering purchasing this product, don't do it until the issue is fix. If you're like me and already spent the money, what do you recommend doing to handle this?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 2,526
Message 78 of 797

All,

Lenovo engineering is investigating this issue, which has executive oversight, and is working to determine the actual root cause and solution.  The ongoing process involves obtaining and analyzing systems exhibiting the symptoms described in this thread and then assessing the full extent of the issue; how many systems are in circulation alongside replacement parts possibly affected which may take some time.  At this moment in time it is not possible to say that sending the system in to service for a replacement display is a guaranteed solution, neither unfortunately is a replacement system.

I've made a note in my calendar to return to this thread in 2 weeks to provide you with a further update, if I receive any new information before then I will of course post accordingly.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

cworkman74
Core Memory
Views: 2,503
Message 79 of 797

Thanks for the update Andy. I (and I'm sure others) understand the time that it takes to correct an issue like this - especially as widespread as it seems to be and the fact that it is from an external supplier that Lenovo has to work with.

I'm looking forward to the all-clear - whether it be that the issue from the supplier is resolved or Lenovo uses a different supplier going forward.

For the unit I have not taken apart, I'll wait to send in for repair until after the all-clear message. For the unit I did take apart, I'm hoping I'll be able to get a good replacement screen (again after resolution) even though I understand I'll most likely have to pay for it myself.

Thanks,
Clayton
dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 2,481
Message 80 of 797

Thanks for the update Andy.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors