Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Euvy
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,063
Message 21 of 786

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue

Good eye. Upon close inspection, can confirm that the black line is in fact present in BIOS as well.

Compared to area with no black line:

booncol
Punch Card
Views: 5,039
Message 22 of 786

Do you guys think this only appears on 4K panels or FHD is also affected?

Thok15
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,022
Message 23 of 786

My guess would be this only affects 4K panels. The problem seems pretty specific, impacting about the same area of most affected user's 4K panels. 

I edited this post to remove an implication that ALL 4K are affected  :-)

cworkman74
Core Memory
Views: 5,014
Message 24 of 786

Andy,

Should we be contacting support to get a replacement or should we wait until more is known about the issue? I don't want to send mine back for repair, if it will return to me with the same problem.

-Clayton

eljeffe58
Punch Card
Views: 5,001
Message 25 of 786

Off topic, but can you tell me the function of that Novo button exactly? Thanks!
cworkman74
Core Memory
Views: 4,900
Message 26 of 786

Before I had the display problem mentioned here on my first unit, I ordered a second one for my wife. The first one was bought from Best Buy, the second one was ordered directly from Lenovo (I received this second one on Friday.) I've used it from Friday until today, and the display was OK. Tonight, though, I noticed the black line issue - just like the first one (and like the others mentioned in this thread.)

So now I have two Yoga 720 15 computers (both 4k screens) with this issue.

I'm not convinced that support will be able to repair or send replacements that will fix this issue. We need some clarification that Lenovo is looking for or has found a root cause so that we can have confidence that replacement units will be fixed.

I'm otherwise happy with the Yoga 720. I hope that Lenovo can discover the root cause soon (I suspect a manufacturing issue from the LCD supplier.)

I'd probably be happy just to have the screens replaced with 1080p screens if it means getting the issue fixed once and for all. 

-Clayton

idolator
Paper Tape
Views: 4,858
Message 27 of 786

Has anyone in this thread experienced this issue with the FHD screen?

I just ordered the base Yoga 720 model with the NVIDIA integrated GPU. Opted not to go for the 4K to save money, and it seems like everyone here is reporting the issue with the 4K model.

Hopefully they can identify a fix soon! It stinks that an otherwise great 2-in-1 is suffering from poor quality control. 

AceGregg
Punch Card
Views: 4,852
Message 28 of 786

Count me as another line is display, top right. Purchased 6 weeks ago from BB. Had a period of days with screen flickering where it was unusable. Was no where near civilization at the time, so I used it. This was folllowed by a couple nearly full screen green stripes issues, then after the flickering subsided, THE LINE. I still have an occassional flicker, though not extended periods as before.

The line has been present for a few weeks now. Not present in screen capture, so it would seem to be the hardware. Awaiting further help from friends at BB.yoga720line.jpgYOga 720 4K with line

cworkman74
Core Memory
Views: 4,809
Message 29 of 786

It looks like this issue has not been reported with models with FHD screens (at least here in this forum). I have a customer service escalation ticket in now to see if I can just exchange my two units (both with 4k screens) for units with FHD screens. I'd rather do that than have the hassel of sending in for a repair that most likely will not fix the issue.

idolator
Paper Tape
Views: 4,804
Message 30 of 786

Hopefully they let you do that, and give you some store credit to mitigate the difference in pricing. 

Fingers crossed I experience no issues with the FHD model. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors