Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SharonT
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,281
Message 81 of 786

Re: Yoga 720 Display Issue

Another bad unit here in Israel.
I bought this laptop yesterday and it had the stripe right out of the box.
After reading the entire thread I went back to the store and returned it and got a full refund.
I talked to the local Lenovo support and they weren't aware of the problem.
After I told them about this thread they suggested I return the laptop to the store.
Now I'm debating whether to wait for a solution or to buy another brand.
srozear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,458
Message 82 of 786

I'm on my second 720, and my first had the black line described here.  I went to Best Buy and got a replacement.  My new computer doesn't have the line, but it does have something similar - a visible difference in brightness in the upper right corner.  It's hard to describe, but you can see it in the attached pictures. The line starts midway across the screen and grows wider as it approaches the top right edge. Think this is related?

dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 2,454
Message 83 of 786

It may be... when my "line" went back into place, I could have sworn I saw the same thing.... but not to that degree. I thought it was just my eyes trying to see something, but now seeing this, maybe I did see it..... line's back again Smiley Sad

cworkman74
Core Memory
Views: 2,426
Message 84 of 786

srozear, yours might actually be one of the other sheets tilting in the LCD assembly (prism sheet or the other diffuser). The other sheets do not have a black border around them.
Cruzader1986
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,404
Message 85 of 786

so this is only happening on the UHD Models right?

srozear
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,349
Message 86 of 786

cworkman74, I think you're right - There's a very faintly visible line that I suspect is the edge of a sheet like you're describing. Also, the change in brightness is only noticeable at certain angles (straight on or to the left).  If I look at the screen from the right, the brightness change isn't noticeable, though the line or edge of the sheet is still visible if you look closely.  

Cruzader1986 - I thought I read in this thread that an FHD screen had the problem, but mine is a UHD/4k version.  It's the same BOE model others have mentioned.

hypersniper
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,279
Message 87 of 786

Same problem here and I just bought it today from bestbuy. The line came out when I flipped the screen to turn it into a tablet. Even the one on display had the same thing but I thought it couldve been damage from customers. If there is no fix soon I will have to return it unfortunately...

booncol
Punch Card
Views: 2,272
Message 88 of 786

I would never give a brand new laptop for warranty repair, especially to Lenovo warranty service. I know many cases when laptop came back from service with damages and scratches.

The only solution is to return your laptop and wait until fixed units appear in sale, which may take months...

Lenovo has ruined the only laptop in its portfolio, which I was really interested in.

dstrausser83
Serial Port
Views: 2,266
Message 89 of 786

booncool, you don't think they'll do a recall to fix the defective piece considering its wide spread problems for so many people?

David

booncol
Punch Card
Views: 2,263
Message 90 of 786

No, I don't think there will be any recall in my country.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors