Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
losti
What's DOS?
Views: 3,471
Message 1 of 14

Yoga 720 - Does your Yoga have this issue, Chassis bent /bowed

My brand new Yoga 720 is seriously bent (one corner is up by 3 mms). I have sent back immediately to offical Lenovo service. They sent it back with a report that it is fully operable. Since then, I have a wedge in my notebook case and all I have to do is put it under my notebook if I use it. Now I know which brand not to buy next time.

Yorgos
Serial Port
Views: 3,379
Message 2 of 14

Re: Yoga 720 - Does your Yoga have this issue, Chassis bent /bowed

Yes! I have the same with my Yoga 910. Still haven't had the time to send it to the service, but I will do it next week. Very disappointing!

If it is a design problem (so far I thought it was my problem only!) then we are entitled to an official solution by Lenovo.

Check my post here and the Lenovo reply

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Brand-new-Yoga-910-Problem-Not-resting-fla...

nickalf10
Paper Tape
Views: 3,362
Message 3 of 14

Yes, my 720 is lifted in the front left corner. I noticed that one of my hinges was warped so i sent it in to get repaired thinking this would fix it. They replaced both hinges. After using it a bit the problem is still there. I find that when i flip the laptop into "tablet mode" it makes it worse. After using it in tablet mode for a bit then putting it back to normal the bend is worse causing it to rock an annoying amount. 

ctscodes
Paper Tape
Views: 3,311
Message 4 of 14

My 1 month old Yoga 910 has a similar problem. It sits flat on my desk when it it closed, but when it is open, the front right side is raised up about 1-2 millimeters. It is a very small gap, but I can push down on the front right corner and wobble the computer. It is very disapointing because I really like everything else about this computer, but for this price there should definitely not be a design flaw like this. I have been looking over forums for a solution, but I have not read a response from Lenovo yet either. Their response to your post that support "would look at it when you could fit it into your calendar" is not very helpful. Lenovo: what is the cause of these uneven machines, how big of a deal is it, and what are our options ?

Yorgos
Serial Port
Views: 3,307
Message 5 of 14

The real question here is if this is a design/material fault and how many of us have this problem.

Mckenziem
What's DOS?
Views: 3,217
Message 6 of 14

I bought my Lenovo 720 about 2-3 months ago and I just got it out this morning and realized it is bent as well. It’s quite noticeable and when sitting on a flat surface the front left corner will rock back and forth a good cm. I rarely use it in tablet form though! It’s too late for me to exchange it out but does anyone know how much something like this is to fix? Will Lenovo cover it?

nickalf10
Paper Tape
Views: 3,163
Message 7 of 14

They offer 1 year waranty so yes they will. I sent mine in to get fixed however they were very difficult to deal with and on top of it all my laptop still has the problem.

Yorgos
Serial Port
Views: 3,138
Message 8 of 14

Hello,

what do you mean there were difficult to deal with? And why did they not fixed it? What did they say?

nickalf10
Paper Tape
Views: 3,125
Message 9 of 14

Well i opened a waranty case to which they sent a box for me to send the laptop to them in. I specifically gave them the address of my student home, however they sent it to my actual home. They told me turn around time was 5 buisness days but i didnt get the laptop back for 26 days as it was "waiting for parts to arrive" which they didnt tell me until I messaged them asking why i havent heard any updates yet. A few days after this i message them asking for updates to which they told me my laptop was shipped and will be at my house the next day. They never told me this the only reason i knew it was coming was because i messaged them throgh their online chat. I then tracked my package on the FedEx website to find that it was going to a location that was not my student house or my actual house. I then messaged them again saying that the address was wrong so they contacted FedEx to get the address changed. When the package finally arived a day late as they changed the address, the shipping to label on the box was not in my name nor my address. I opened the box expecting to see a laptop that wasnt mine. However, I checked the serial numbers of the laptop and power adapter and after booting it up it was my laptop. Basically, if i didnt check the FedEx website, a complete stranger would have just recieved  Yoga 720 for free. And they did replace the hinges on my machine however it still has the rocking so im not sure what the problem is. Sorry for the long message but thats my story. If you look online youll find a lot of people complaining about their services.

mikecg
Paper Tape
Views: 2,772
Message 10 of 14

I have had the laptop for about 3 weeks now, and just noticed the exact same issue. I am bit dismayed to see that others have it! Any updates on Lenovo's response to this?

This is not the only issue I am having with the build of this laptop. Some of the keys are also misaligned which causes them to touch the rims of their slots, making a loud clicking noise, and causing friction during key presses. Lenovo sent me a replacement this week, and it has the exact same key issue! I haven't checked about chassis on the other laptop yet because I am out and just noticed the issue on this old one.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors