US

92 Signins

353 Page Views

• Views: 353
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720 Dolby Atmos Questions....

2017-08-08, 3:11 AM

Good day my fellow Yoga 720 buddies....

I just bought a Dolby Atmos speaker (was like $1,000!) for my house. I love it BUT I can only use it with XBOX One, which kinda sucks. I wish I had more content to use with it. Playing games and hearing that Atmos sound is incredible though!! Recently Netflix just updated the app for XBOX One and now has 2 or 3 shows (Okja!) that use the Dolby Atmos sound so that was my first experience using it for video entertainment.

How do you use the Dolby Atmos with the Yoga 720? I would assume that the default speakers in the laptop does not work with Dolby Atmos....

So it comes down to this, how would I play the audio on my speaker? I am guessing I would have to do it via HDMI. The only way to do it via HDMI is via an USB C adapter. Does that work?

What about the Dolby Atmos headphones? Can I use with existing headphones or do I need special ones? I saw a Dolby Access app that was trying to sell me Dolby Atmos for headphones for like $15.

Furthermore, what content is available for Dolby Atmos besides games on a PC?

Give me all the details you can please!

Thanks,
David

Options

158 Posts

04-08-2014

US

221 Signins

1597 Page Views

• Views: 1597
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 720 Dolby Atmos Questions....

2017-08-10, 22:17 PM

I thought the Dolby Atmos stuff on the Yoga 720 is just a gimmicky software EQ to make the mediocre speakers sound better. I guess it might also mean that the audio processor is capable of that format, over HDMI/DP of course.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save