Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

08-15-2017

United States of America

21 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720 External Monitor

2017-08-15, 1:12 AM

I bought a 720 (-15IKB) a couple of months and have been very pleased with it.  I'd like to be able to use an external monitor.  I really don't want or need a docking station, not playing video games, I just need a little extra screen real estate to have, say, one document open while I work on another.

I happen to have an old Dell VGA monitor sitting around so I picked up USB-C to VGA cable but nothing on the monitor's screen and the computer doesn't seem to recognize a monitor is connected.  Can anyone please give me some suggestions on how to make this work.

Thanks!

Options

16 Posts

02-03-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Yoga 720 External Monitor

2021-02-04, 17:42 PM

@ MikeK3145 wrote:

I bought a 720 (-15IKB) a couple of months and have been very pleased with it.  I' like to be able to use an external monitor.  I really don' want or need a docking station, not playing video games, I just need a little extra screen real estate to have, say, one document open while I work on another.

I happen to have an old Dell VGA monitor sitting around so I picked up USB-C to VGA cable but nothing on the monitor' screen and the computer doesn' seem to recognize a monitor is connected.  Can anyone please give me some suggestions on how to make this work.

Thanks!

Same sitch-eya-tion here. :~\

I see it's been 3 1/2 years; were you ever able to figure out how to make it work on your 720-15IKB ?  Hope so ;-)

We bought ours in June 2017, and haven't ever tried hooking it up to an ext monitor, but would like to now.

So I'm trying to go from the Yoga 720-15IKB Thunderbolt (3?)/USB-C port > to a ridiculous Samsung monitor.....with only VGA & DVI-D I/O ports. 

Edit:

Although very expensive, I'm pretty sure that this ThinkPad USB-C Dock [40A9] would work with the Lenovo's w/Thunderbolt (3?)/USB-C ports.... by connecting a Lenovo Thunderbolt (3?)/USB-C port — to the ThinkPad USB-C Dock [40A9] — then a VGA-VGA cable an external monitor with a VGA I/O port. Because it worked fine with my work issued ThinkPad T480S Ultrabook..... when connected to the above mentioned ridiculous 2009 Samsung 2233SW monitor w/VGA.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/zh/solutions/pd029622#USB-C%20dock

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-ThinkPad-UltraDock-40A90090US-Packaged/dp/B01N9RW2A3/ref=pd_ybh_a_11?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BPWF5KV5HN1PZSJR4EYH

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms