Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitchC1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 272
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720 Freezes Constantly

A few days ago, I noticed my laptop started to occasionally freeze for a few seconds and then return to normal.  It has been doing this repeatedly since then and sometimes it will freeze and not unfreeze.  When this happens I hold down the power button and then turn it back on.  When it's frozen I can't move my mouse or use the touchpad.  I have tried pressing ctrl alt del to open task manager but nothing happens.  I've noticed that when my laptop freezes I can still turn the caps lock on and off because the light will turn on and off.  Sometimes when I refresh the screen it goes back to normal.  I have ran all kinds of diagnostic tests and everything passed.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 240
Message 2 of 4

Re:

Hi MitchC1!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Does the machine freeze when you are accessing a certain program, performing certain tasks or is it just randomly freezing? We recommend trying the troubleshooting steps in this article if you haven't already:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Laptop-freezing-See-if-this-helps/td-p/....

You may also want to boot in Safe Mode & in case the above steps doesn't work.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht116905

If the computer works well on Safe Mode then try to uninstall the latest Windows Update that's likely causing the problem.

Let us know if this works out. Thanks.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MitchC1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 228
Message 3 of 4

Re: Re:

So I followed the steps to disable LPM and so far I have not experienced any freezing.  It would freeze every few seconds to minutes no matter what task I was doing before I disabled LPM, so it appears to be working.  If I run into any further problems I will let you know, but thanks so much!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 209
Message 4 of 4

Re: Re:

That's great to hear then. Glad to hear that it works. Should you need any further help, don't hesitate to post back in the Community. We'll gladly assist you.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors