Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitchC1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 214
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720 Freezing Issues

So I had posted earlier about having problems with my 720 freezing and I attempted a fix by disabling LPM.  It was fine for a few hours that night, but then the next day I was experiencing the same problems.  My screen will freeze randomly for like a second and sometimes will freeze and not unfreeze.  When it doesn’t unfreeze I either close the lid or press and hold the power button.  Sometimes refreshing the screen by pressing ctrl+shift+windows key+B will work, but most of the time it doesn’t.  When I boot in safe mode I don’t experience any freezes.  It seems to freeze no matter what task I do.  It has frozen when I have nothing open and when I have multiple programs open.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 168
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 720 Freezing Issues

Hello MitchC1,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums.

Did you make any recent software or hardware changes on the laptop?

First, make sure your Operating system has all the latest updates installed on it. Also, if you have too many application installed on your computer, it may be low on resources, and as a result, it may freeze or become slow. You can check total disk space left on your Windows by starting File Explorer on the taskbar and then selecting This PC on the left. The available space on your drive will appear under Devices and drives.

Also, make sure that your Operating system has all the latest updates installed on it, refer to this link for instructions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4027667/windows-10-update 

Additionally, you may want to run the Lenovo Vantage first. Here's how:

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QedUKEkkvSU

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MitchC1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 155
Message 3 of 4

I ended up switching a driver for my Intel Graphics card to an older version (from 22 to 21) and I haven't noticed any problems in the last day or two, but I appreciate the response.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 146
Message 4 of 4

Seems that the issue is driver related, since it work fine when on the older version of Graphics Driver. It would still be best to monitor and check if it will occur again. At the same time, we can wait until an updated driver is release in the support website that we can download to skip the current version that is available, that is causing the problem. Alternatively, you can check in Intel Website for the latest drivers.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors