Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kagronick
Punch Card
Views: 4,735
Message 21 of 73

Re: Yoga 720 - LCD Light Bleed / Leak Issue

So I got my laptop back from Kentucky. I opted to send it in becuase I know what kind of people Geek Squad hires and I didn't want them touching it. I figured the actuall Lenovo employees would have the parts and the experience. The whole thing went very smooth. They sent me a box, I shipped it to them, and they shipped it back two weeks later. There are no scratches or dead pixels and no data was lost. There is mild light bleed visible with a black background. I'm not sure if it bothers me enough to complain about it. I'd probably only see it during a dark video game or movie. It does suck because the previous panel had no light bleed.

DC5
Magnetic Tape
Views: 4,705
Message 22 of 73

Mine also has issues with light bleed and now the camera doesn't work. I spent $1700 on this and have had to deal with support for 5 straight months now and still no real resolution. I saved up my money for a long time for this purchase and now it just feels like such a waste : (

Samurai_Man
SCSI Port
Views: 4,694
Message 23 of 73

I will post an update when I get in touch with my case manger again. He told me he would initially go ahead and replace the laptop by getting a CC# for collateral, shipping me a brand new machine, letting me transfer my data over, and shipping my old machine back, but since they had already shipped the parts out, we opted to go ahead and let the tech try and repair it. 

He even told me if the repair did not go as planned and anything was broken or did not work correctly it would be replaced with a new machine. I really hope he holds up to that because for $1,700 I would probably seek legal counsel if the matter is not resolved...

surahman
SCSI Port
Views: 4,665
Message 24 of 73

So here's the biggest problem: there is no guarantee that the new machine won't have light leak/bleed as well.

Where is @Andy_Lenovo? Is there any other Lenovo rep around to get back to us on these new issues? Is Lenovo seriously going to let this storm brew and not do anything to stymie things here?

@Samurai_Man
Your picture isn't linked. Could you please not attach the image but rather insert the image so it loads with the post? Pictures of the screen, the back/case and anything else would be great.

Samurai_Man
SCSI Port
Views: 4,655
Message 25 of 73

New Screen Light Bleed.jpg

@surahman, the tech didn't scratch any part of my case, he actually had to wind up using pliers to get the final screw out of the bottom of the case, but he  wrapped plastic tape around the metal part of the pliers so nothing would get scratched, he was super careful and very professional given the fact he told me Lenovo NEVER sends parts like this to him he usually gets a pre-assembled top assembly that he just takes over and completely replaces he was not used to this repair at all, I could tell it was his first time. 

surahman
SCSI Port
Views: 4,653
Message 26 of 73

@Samurai_Man

Thanks for the pics, my tech had the same story. He was gobsmacked by the parts, he said that the Thinkpad machines were built more industrial. Did you show the tech the light leak? Did he have anything to say?

I think it's sad that a lot of people who are using this for educational purposes have gotten the crap end of the stick courtesy Lenovo.

Samurai_Man
SCSI Port
Views: 4,641
Message 27 of 73

Yes, the tech was very understanding I showed him the massive light leak and he also took a picture, even he himself was like yeah well thats not supposed to do that.

For a minute after he broke the original screen he wasnt even sure he was going to be able to get all these parts assembled but I told him I needed this machine by tonight for homework or I was going to have to go to B.B. to buy a chromebook or something because one day without a laptop is literally killer to me and countless others I imagine.

DannyPhantom
Punch Card
Views: 4,617
Message 28 of 73

My screen looks after the replacement also like this.
At the screensaver or movies the backlights are showing really ugly.

Also the technical service has break up by my microphone and don't connected the screen correctly.

The digitalizer and the trackpad are connected to the same i2c controller.

I know and had seen how it's look in the ACPI Tables.

So my trackpad is since the replacement laggy. Standby isn't anymore working.

The phone support is the baddest in this world. They called is a driver issue.

They don't know what they say and think all people are stupid users.

I'm working in the development with #C and Php.
Perhaps I don't understand all right, but this I really know.

Also that they mean this is a windows machine for consumer and not for business.

Lenovo should look up at they company policy and should change this support.
All areas are outsourced.

you can't run other operating systems on this.

So I can say if you got a broken device return it.

Today I buy again this machine and when this machine has also display issues I will never buy devices from Lenovo. And my company do also this.

Lenovo can break the devices by his service support and can't look for a device replacement that we can work together.

It's not a deal to work with a machine in the IT without microphone and a brocken trackpad.

surahman
SCSI Port
Views: 4,777
Message 29 of 73

Anyone not happy with their level of service from Lenovo, either due to shoddy support or light bleed on their displays, please Kudos this post. This way Andy_Lenovo and company can figure things out quickly.

@Andy_Lenovo
Please don't skim through the thread. Everyone has had a bad experience with the service offered by Lenovo. I am not the exception.

The *new* issue is with light leak/bleed on all the new run of displays that have attempted to fix the black line issue. Does Lenovo acknowledge this is an issue after looking at the pictures posted by people and their complaints?

Numerous support tickets have been registered, and many-many calls have been placed, by myself and I am sure by others as well.

Highlighted
Samurai_Man
SCSI Port
Views: 4,749
Message 30 of 73

Andy, did you really just blame the customer? Thats the #1 rule of business man, the customer is ALWAYS right. This isn't some instance where a few repairs have been botched, numerous people who have had on-site like me and others or sent their machine off for repairs are experiencining these screen bleed and other issues after these "new" screens have been installed. 

Top Kudoed Authors