Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hansrk
Paper Tape
Views: 754
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 720 - Touch Screen no longer working

My touch screen is no longer working... doesn't matter if the computer is being used as a laptop or if the screen is rotated and operating (not) as a tablet.

In the device manager:

- I have disabled, then enabled the "HID compliant touch screen".

- I have uninstalled the same and rebooted the computer.

I am not seeing any other suggestions on the internet... 

Defacta
Punch Card
Views: 731
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 720 - Touch Screen no longer working

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with my Lenovo Yoga 720 since yesterday. It was working fine yesterday night and today no Touch screen anymore.

Hope we find a solution. How to know if it's hardware or software?

Thanks,

Vincent.

Hansrk
Paper Tape
Views: 670
Message 3 of 6

Has anyone responded? Did you figure out the solution? I am surprised that we have not received any suggestions/support. Hansrk.

Defacta
Punch Card
Views: 649
Message 4 of 6

I have been in touch with the support by phone, they advised me to do all Windows 10 updates and reinstall all Chipset drivers downloaded from this page (Link of french product):
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/fr/fr/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-720-15ikb/80x7/80x...

But still not working. So by phone they advised me to take a warranty with on-site service at 36€.

So I wanted to take it but the site is bugged! Could not buy the warranty.

Anyway I feel like the touch screen is dead and I need to find a backup PC. I need my Laptop to work...

Cheers,
Vincent.

Hansrk
Paper Tape
Views: 542
Message 5 of 6

About 2 weeks ago, I posted in social media regarding my Yoga 720 touch screen not working. It generated  a survey request from Lenovo. I completed the survey with my comments. Lenovo finally engaged with me directly via Facebook Messenger about a week ago. Ultimately, Lenovo suggesting going to Best Buy (where I purchased it and an authorized service center). Best Buy confirmed that my entire screen needs to be replaced in order to regain touch screen capabilities... for $280 plus labor. I am now 30 days out of warranty (had I run directly to Best Buy when I first noticed the issue, I would have been under warranty)... and Lenovo declined my subsequent request that they make an exception and cover under waranty. Spending $280 to fix a $500 computer?... not going to do that. My big mistake was not running to Best Buy 1st and assuming it was a software issue vs. hardware issue. This Yoga 720 will be my last Lenovo product.

Defacta
Punch Card
Views: 524
Message 6 of 6

Feel sorry for you guy.

I have to find an emergency computer before sending it back to Amazon. I cannot stay without a computer...I need it to work.

Wish you the best.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors