Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

43 Posts

09-28-2017

Indonesia

109 Signins

921 Page Views

• Views: 921
  • Message 91 of 145

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

2018-06-30, 3:31 AM

Hello, recently, my touchscreen stopped functioning again, and I noticed that I have a new update from Lenovo called Wacom Multi Touch Firmware Update. 

Of course I immediately installed it, but I have some issues and questions:

1. After I installed it, I would find the same update appears on the Lenovo Vantage app. Even if I hit the Install button several times, it would keep appearing every time I try to chek the update. Does that mean the firmware fail to install or what?

2. As you can see, the "Installed Version" status is Not Availabe", and I assume that since the touch firmware package is not available, then the touch screen would not function properly.  Even after I installed that 2.15 version update, I would find that the Installed Version to be "not availabe". Does that mean that my machine fails to recognize any installed Wacom Touch Firmware Package (assuming it was installed already at the first place)?

3. What alternatives do I have? Right now, I tried to download it from Lenovo website, but it wasn't listed there. Maybe it was listed on Wacom's website?

Options

3 Posts

06-30-2018

Philippines

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 92 of 145

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

2018-06-30, 13:35 PM

I'm writing regarding the steps I've found to have fixed the issue for me. My laptop is a week old and the problems started after leaving it turned on overnight (upside down)
I've followed the steps stipulated here particularly the very first step, doing a cold boot. Which would reset all of the internal cache and current that might have got "stuck"

1. Make sure your laptop is unplugged from the power cord.
  2. Hold the power button for 30 seconds to drain voltages off the motherboard. (Force it to shut down/hard reset)
  3. If you can remove the battery, unplug it from the laptop.
  4. Do a general cleaning around the screen and the wiring (left middle hinge of the monitor)
  5. Plug your power cord back and boot your PC like normal.

Reply or give kudos if these steps have worked for you so other people can see it. I figured that with a non removable battery, force shutting down is the last thing most people do. Hope the problem gets quickly fixed for you as it did with mine!

Cheers

Options

3 Posts

06-30-2018

Philippines

3 Signins

50 Page Views

• Views: 50
  • Message 93 of 145

2018-06-30, 13:44 PM

I would also like to advise people that the Wacom Touch Firmware upgrade is from the Thinkpad Yoga X1, not for the (Ideapad) Yoga 720. In case people were confused. The forum thread is about the Yoga 720 (15 lkb - Ideapad)

I'm writing regarding the steps I found to have fixed my issue. Following the instructions stipulated here doing a cold boot which would reset all the current that might got "stuck" and the caches in the components.

1. Make sure the device is unplugged.
  2. Hold the power button for 30 seconds to force it to power down (I did this while the laptop was on)
  3. Clean around the screen and especially the hinge where the wiring of the monitor is located on the middle-lower left.
  4. Power it back on and see if the solution worked for you

Give kudos or a reply if the steps above have helped or not. My laptop was just a week old and I left it overnight when the problems started happening. Hope the issues gets resolved for you :)

Cheers

Options

3 Posts

03-05-2010

United States of America

12 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 94 of 145

2018-07-08, 2:57 AM

I found an update on the support pages that solved my problem for X1 Yoga: "Touch Firmware Update Tool".  I tried Windows Update and Lenovo Vantage beforehand.

Options

2 Posts

06-23-2018

Denmark

2 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 95 of 145

2018-07-10, 21:57 PM

As promised I'm writing a follow up after getting my laptop back from the repair shop. The touch screen was replaced and it's working now. No specifics were written so I can't offer any, I can only say that in case of lenovo.dk, they asked that I do a factory restart and try if it works before sending it to repair. I'm hoping that you guys have your laptops under waranty and can do the same.

Options

3 Posts

07-18-2018

Indonesia

4 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 96 of 145

2018-07-18, 7:21 AM

So, from your experience, can I assume that this is hardware related problem and the only working solution so far is touchscreen replacement?

Options

3 Posts

07-18-2018

Indonesia

4 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 97 of 145

2018-07-18, 7:38 AM

Is the touchscreen supposed to be working while booting up in BIOS? Mine's not.

Options

2 Posts

07-28-2018

Philippines

3 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 98 of 145

2018-07-28, 7:08 AM

My Youga 720 touch screen stopped all of a sudden.

Can anyone help me how to fix this?

Options

2 Posts

01-09-2018

Ireland

2 Signins

36 Page Views

• Views: 36
  • Message 99 of 145

2018-07-30, 15:22 PM

Update.  In the end I brought the Lenovo back to the store.  It was reset to Factory parameters.  Up to date versions of everything applied and still no result.  In the end the laptop was replaced with a new one.  All of the updates were installed before I left the shop.  It has worked since then .... was it a hardware problem?  maybe. was it a software conflict? maybe.  Unlikely I will ever know ...

Options

32 Posts

03-10-2016

Argentina

41 Signins

296 Page Views

• Views: 296
  • Message 100 of 145

2018-08-22, 10:21 AM

Same problem here... not working in BIOS, not working under Linux, tried to install and reinstall everything and nothing. As I bought this one in USA but I'm not there anymore I've no solution... but what really bothers me is that as this right know is a COMMON issue and is a problem EXCLUSIVELY from LENOVO and is HIS fault, they should cover this issue internationally. And what bothers me even MORE is that I'm pretty sure that this is a software/firmware related issue but is easier for them to send the laptop in and do whatever they do that don't want to give or tell us.

Cheers.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms