Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-22-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 141 of 145

Re:Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

2020-06-22, 23:20 PM

Instead of using the device manager to remove the HOD Touch Screen, I uninstalled the Wacom (and specified remove the driver).  After doing a scan-for-new-hardware, it seems to work again.  YMMV.

Options

2 Posts

02-02-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 142 of 145

Re:Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

2021-02-02, 16:40 PM

Seriously... it is 2021. I just bought  a Lenovo Yoga 720 and my touch screen has stopped working. Apparently, this has been an ongoing issue. Is there a fix, yet? I am seeing posts from 2017!

Options

16 Posts

02-03-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 143 of 145

2021-02-03, 23:31 PM

Well, all these preceding posts & pages have been very shocking to read. This my first time on the forum, as I just somehow found my way here —  to ask if I could power a 2009 Samsung 2233SW monitor (which only has two input ports: DVI-D & VGA 15-pin D-sub) — via the Lenovo USB Type-C port (on the right side of our 720-15IKB), as our Lenovo User Guide & specs both state that the 'Type-C' port is "compatible w/ USB 3.1 (Gen 2) & DisplayPort & Thunderbolt output".

Not sure where I should post this, as I didn't see any sub-forums pertaining to adding/connecting to external displays &c.

Btw — We purchased our Yoga 720-15IKB in June of 2017, and our touchscreen has always worked perfectly, after all the countless, incessant Windows updates. Our Wacom pen & driver as well. We've been off warranty since 2018, but have never had any issues with anything, thankfully, so our 720-15IKB is still running just as well and zippy as it did on day one.

All in all, we could not hardly be any happier than we are with our Yoga 720-15IKB (except for wishing there were more ports, i.e. like a DisplayPort & HDMI's &c), and wouldn't hesitate to purchase Lenovo again, as I've also used a Lenovo ThinkPad for work, as well as several previous ThinkPad models in the past, and they've all run flawlessly.

So if we can be of any assistance to anyone, by posting our driver or build #'s, or whatever, post back here and quote this I guess, and I'll try to peek in daily for awhile.

Options

2 Posts

02-02-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 144 of 145

2021-02-04, 15:25 PM

You certainly seem to be the exception! LOL. If you can assist me with sorting my issues out- I would gladly appreciate any info you can share. I have tried everything on the board!

Options

16 Posts

02-03-2021

United States of America

10 Signins

140 Page Views

• Views: 140
  • Message 145 of 145

2021-02-04, 17:19 PM

@ Christina1006 wrote:

You certainly seem to be the exception! LOL. If you can assist me with sorting my issues out- I would gladly appreciate any info you can share. I have tried everything on the board!

Sure, I'd be glad to help in anyway I possibly can. But I have no idea how to help, except for sharing hardware/software info from my machines' devise manager or BIOS or ??

e.g. — In Device Manager > under Display Adapters, our Yoga 720-15IKB is shows:  Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050

I'll be glad to look other things up, in our Yoga 720, but I'm not sure what would/might possibly be helpful.

Just found this when I typed 'touchscreen' in the 'Type here to search' window field by Start button:

Enable and disable your touchscreen in Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

It doesn't look like the 'copy' function works anywhere in Device Manager, but I can read off our long list of devices (22 total) under 'Human Interface Devices' . . .

e.g., under 'HID-compliant touchscreen'.... our driver is: 

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Date: 6/21/2006

Driver Version:  10.0.19041.1

. . .but under 'Driver Details' button, when clicked, it says: "No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device. [OK] " . . which seems odd, but idk. :~\

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms