cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2Relaxed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,004
Message 81 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

Well, if you google for "[laptop brand] touchscreen not working" you will notice that most major brand laptops(including MS Surface!) have this issue as well. Switching to a different brand does not guarantee that your touchscreen will not stop working at some point. I don't know what to make of it tbh, still am inclined to think it's NOT a hardware problem though.
Highlighted
trader411
Paper Tape
Views: 1,931
Message 82 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

Hello guys. For anyone still holding on to an otherwise great machine and still checking this thread, I have another thing for you to try. Ive done a couple of the things recommended here, and from other places, but only one thing finally worked that I didnt see written anywhere. 

If you can do the cold boot method that seems to bring touchscreen back to life after a while, but then it would stop, then this almost-fix might work for you.

Short version. go to settings-> power and sleep , under Screen, change both to turn off after 'Never'

It sounds bad to never turn off screen, but it does turn off when it goes to sleep, and returning from sleep is ridiculously fast, so you can set that to happen sooner if you need the power savings.

The Following may not be needed, but I did them prior, so who knows if anything was cumulative:

-  Before setting Screen to never turn off, I also created a custom power plan, and chose Power Saver as the template. The above is only change I made to the plan   

-  In Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> Wacom Device -> Power management, deselect

-  Did the same for the two I2C HID Device listings

-  Updated drivers lsited in lenovo vantage

-  uninstalled lenovo vantage(I might reinstall eventually, since it was kinda convenient way to see available updates)

KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,757
Message 83 of 128

i tried your steps but not working, i think resetting the bios will work. anyone tried it?

trader411
Paper Tape
Views: 1,746
Message 84 of 128

In Lenovo Vantage, I had also installed the latest Intel drivers because some of them are relevant, so make sure to update those too. Im assuming you also did the Touch firmware update?

For me, when I was troubleshooting, touch would work if I did a cold boot.
But it wouldn't work immediately, which I cant explain why. It would return at some random time. If that doesn't happen in your case, Im not sure my almost-fix would work for you. It was to keep it from stopping again.
KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,742
Message 85 of 128

How to do a cold boot?
trader411
Paper Tape
Views: 1,737
Message 86 of 128

shut down first . then start up by pressing power button. maybe wait some seconds before starting it up again. idk if that makes a difference.

KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,679
Message 87 of 128

does your touchscreen work in bios?

trader411
Paper Tape
Views: 1,670
Message 88 of 128

no, it doesn't. I don't know how that works for anyone else. Different bios? I have the 720 13 inch with I7-8550u
Also, I dont know if its anything I recently updated, but the touchscreen seems to stay on regardless of monitor powering off now. Im up to date with everything offered in Vantage.
2Relaxed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,562
Message 89 of 128

My Windows finally got bumped up to 1803. No effect on the touchscreen whatsoever. Wacom driver still shows up broken in the Device Manager. So, no good news, alas.

jakovm
Paper Tape
Views: 1,355
Message 90 of 128

Another one here, Yoga 720 15, bought in Denmark. Mind you, this is my second laptop after the first one I got didn't work at all. 
I don't know when it happened, but it's in the last month... I was away and barely used this laptop. 
My steps now will be to try do a update restore before June to see what happens. I did the same somewhere around March, when mouse inputs stoped working. 
In case I don't succedde I'm contacting Lenovo DK and gonnna demand a replacement since it's only 8 months ago I bought the laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors