05-30-2018 02:45 PM
05-31-2018 09:20 PM
Hello guys. For anyone still holding on to an otherwise great machine and still checking this thread, I have another thing for you to try. Ive done a couple of the things recommended here, and from other places, but only one thing finally worked that I didnt see written anywhere.
If you can do the cold boot method that seems to bring touchscreen back to life after a while, but then it would stop, then this almost-fix might work for you.
Short version. go to settings-> power and sleep , under Screen, change both to turn off after 'Never'
It sounds bad to never turn off screen, but it does turn off when it goes to sleep, and returning from sleep is ridiculously fast, so you can set that to happen sooner if you need the power savings.
The Following may not be needed, but I did them prior, so who knows if anything was cumulative:
- Before setting Screen to never turn off, I also created a custom power plan, and chose Power Saver as the template. The above is only change I made to the plan
- In Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> Wacom Device -> Power management, deselect
- Did the same for the two I2C HID Device listings
- Updated drivers lsited in lenovo vantage
- uninstalled lenovo vantage(I might reinstall eventually, since it was kinda convenient way to see available updates)
06-09-2018 06:32 AM
06-09-2018 06:59 AM
shut down first . then start up by pressing power button. maybe wait some seconds before starting it up again. idk if that makes a difference.
06-10-2018 07:17 AM
06-13-2018 01:51 PM
My Windows finally got bumped up to 1803. No effect on the touchscreen whatsoever. Wacom driver still shows up broken in the Device Manager. So, no good news, alas.
06-23-2018 01:43 AM - edited 06-23-2018 01:44 AM
Another one here, Yoga 720 15, bought in Denmark. Mind you, this is my second laptop after the first one I got didn't work at all.
I don't know when it happened, but it's in the last month... I was away and barely used this laptop.
My steps now will be to try do a update restore before June to see what happens. I did the same somewhere around March, when mouse inputs stoped working.
In case I don't succedde I'm contacting Lenovo DK and gonnna demand a replacement since it's only 8 months ago I bought the laptop.