cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pragmaticshop
Paper Tape
Views: 2,386
Message 101 of 130

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

Brought my laptop to the service center.

They did the reset but it didnt work even in the bios.

They sent it to the main office of Lenovo Aervice center here in the Philippines cause they assumed that is is a hardware issue and the screem might have to be replaced or the motherboard. Good luck with that.

I got my laptop from Amazon 😭😭😭

I wonder how I will get a replacement if it has to be replaced....

Any idea?

jkiper
Punch Card
Views: 2,289
Message 102 of 130

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

Still waiting for some OFFICIAL answer from Lenovo... I should bought the Spectre...

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

sofyansutrisna
What's DOS?
Views: 2,259
Message 103 of 130

FYI, I finally had my screen replaced twice. The first replacement solved the touchscreen function problem but another problem emerged, the screen lamp could not reach the highest level of brightness. Whenever I set the brightness to maximum level, it dimmed down to the lowest.

Now, I have been using the second replacement for nearly a week. Hopefully, it will last for as long as I am using it.

Thankfully, both replacements were covered by two year extended warranty, after the base warranty expired few days before the screen stop functioning.

jkiper
Punch Card
Views: 2,124
Message 104 of 130

Still waiting for some OFFICIAL answer about this COMMON and WELL KNOWN issue if LENOVO will cover this internationally or what. And still waiting an OFFICIAL answer if the touchscreen should be working inside BIOS.

jkiper
Punch Card
Views: 1,900
Message 105 of 130

Lenovo? So? Do you think you will ever come with an explanation?? Thanks

neonas720
What's DOS?
Views: 1,470
Message 106 of 130

I'm considering sending mine in so they can replace the rouch screen. They sent a technician out to me to do the repair but the tech said something about not having the glue needed for the repaire and recommended I just send it in.

I don't use the touchscreen much but would like the option of using the tablet mode when traveling. 

It is under warrent for a couple more weeks but I'm worried the repair is going to make things worse somehow. 

MrFrank
Paper Tape
Views: 1,362
Message 107 of 130

I was had the same problem of my yoga 720 15, the touch screen no work after microsoft updated, and i feel that the problem is from LENOVO that MUST PAY TO MICROSOFT TO INCLUDE IN THE UPGRADES THE DRIVERS AND BIOS FOR TOUCH SCREEN AND PEN DRIVERS.

LENOVO BEFORE WAS VERY SERIOUS BUT NOW IS VERY VERY BAD, EVEN I HAVE A GARANTEE OF 3 YEARS BUT DONT SOLVE NOTHING.

IM VERY DISAPOINTED ABOUT THIS LENOVO COMPANY.

MUST SOLVE THIS ISUES INMEDIATELY BECAUSE THERE ARE HIGH LEVEL LAPTOPS.

THIS LAPTOP WAS PERFECT FOR MY WORK, BUT THIS COMPANY NO HAVE RESOURCES TO SUPPORT THE AFTER SALES ISSUES.

LENOVO VERY BAD.

jkiper
Punch Card
Views: 1,261
Message 108 of 130

As this is now a WELL KNOWN ISSUE, and LENOVO ITSELF says that as I HAVE ON SITE SUPPORT IN USA (Im in Argentina) , inside USA they will send a technician with A NEW SCREEN REPLACEMENT, I would appreciate some FROM LENOVO, tell me WHY they just dont send the REPLACEMENT to my home, @Argentina, by mail ???? I HAVE TO TRAVEL TO USA, by a WELL KNOWN ISSUE? Really? LENOVO, NEVER AGAIN!

Highlighted
The_CLEW
Paper Tape
Views: 913
Message 109 of 130

I was having the same issue as others have indicated in the 11 pages of comments.  On the same day I recieved my new 730 13' Yoga, I updated Windows to version 1809, and immediately discovered an issue with the Pen, and Touchscreen not working any longer.

I found this forum, and was distressed to see so many people having an issue.  I really love this laptop, especially the Black Friday price I was able to obtain.  I didn't want to send it back.  Thankfully I found a FIX!!!!

Here was my repair process.

1. Remove Lenovo Bloatware.  No change = not working

2. Roll-back windows update.  No change. In fact even lost the HID Compliant Touch Screen device in Device Manager.  URGH.

3. Update to Window 10 Pro using an old Windows 7 Pro license I had around the house.  No change.

4. Read the 11 pages of comments.  No change.

5. Use the NOVO button to reinstall Windows to a fresh screen.  No change.

6. Reread the 11 pages of comments, and noticed the title.  "WACOM Driver issues".  Went to Wacom.com - Support - Drivers.  Downloaded the 6.3.32-3 Tablet Driver.  

Rebooted

Everything was fixed!  The Wacom prompted me to download the Lenovo Pen App, which I did, and everything continues to work perfectly.

In short... The fix is to download the Wacom Driver from their website directly.  Everything works as it should now.

Annotation 2018-12-09 225239.jpg

I'll keep you posted if there are any changes, but I have rebooted multiple times, and allowed the laptop to go to sleep and awaken, and everything continues to work just fine.

kara3967
What's DOS?
Views: 875
Message 110 of 130

Tried this and it did not work for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors