cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juntis
Serial Port
Views: 2,629
Message 91 of 131

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

Hello, recently, my touchscreen stopped functioning again, and I noticed that I have a new update from Lenovo called Wacom Multi Touch Firmware Update. 

unknown.png

Of course I immediately installed it, but I have some issues and questions:

1. After I installed it, I would find the same update appears on the Lenovo Vantage app. Even if I hit the Install button several times, it would keep appearing every time I try to chek the update. Does that mean the firmware fail to install or what?

2. As you can see, the "Installed Version" status is Not Availabe", and I assume that since the touch firmware package is not available, then the touch screen would not function properly.  Even after I installed that 2.15 version update, I would find that the Installed Version to be "not availabe". Does that mean that my machine fails to recognize any installed Wacom Touch Firmware Package (assuming it was installed already at the first place)?

3. What alternatives do I have? Right now, I tried to download it from Lenovo website, but it wasn't listed there. Maybe it was listed on Wacom's website?

bbaros
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,438
Message 92 of 131

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

I found an update on the support pages that solved my problem for X1 Yoga: "Touch Firmware Update Tool".  I tried Windows Update and Lenovo Vantage beforehand.

2018-07-07_215602.png 

jakovm
Paper Tape
Views: 2,359
Message 93 of 131

As promised I'm writing a follow up after getting my laptop back from the repair shop. The touch screen was replaced and it's working now. No specifics were written so I can't offer any, I can only say that in case of lenovo.dk, they asked that I do a factory restart and try if it works before sending it to repair. I'm hoping that you guys have your laptops under waranty and can do the same.

sofyansutrisna
What's DOS?
Views: 2,190
Message 94 of 131

So, from your experience, can I assume that this is hardware related problem and the only working solution so far is touchscreen replacement?

sofyansutrisna
What's DOS?
Views: 2,184
Message 95 of 131

Is the touchscreen supposed to be working while booting up in BIOS? Mine's not.

Pragmaticshop
Paper Tape
Views: 2,007
Message 96 of 131

My Youga 720 touch screen stopped all of a sudden.

Can anyone help me how to fix this?

GW2018
Paper Tape
Views: 1,939
Message 97 of 131

Update.  In the end I brought the Lenovo back to the store.  It was reset to Factory parameters.  Up to date versions of everything applied and still no result.  In the end the laptop was replaced with a new one.  All of the updates were installed before I left the shop.  It has worked since then .... was it a hardware problem?  maybe. was it a software conflict? maybe.  Unlikely I will ever know ...

jkiper
Punch Card
Views: 1,609
Message 98 of 131

Same problem here... not working in BIOS, not working under Linux, tried to install and reinstall everything and nothing. As I bought this one in USA but I'm not there anymore I've no solution... but what really bothers me is that as this right know is a COMMON issue and is a problem EXCLUSIVELY from LENOVO and is HIS fault, they should cover this issue internationally. And what bothers me even MORE is that I'm pretty sure that this is a software/firmware related issue but is easier for them to send the laptop in and do whatever they do that don't want to give or tell us.

Cheers.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules.

P4bloG
Paper Tape
Views: 1,482
Message 99 of 131

A few months back I reported that the first update after 1803 was released fixed the issue for me, but I just noticed yesterday that it was not working again. I don't know which update broke it after the last fix, but this is unacceptable by both companies Microsoft and Lenovo. I've never had a so buggy Windows OS in my life, and I had all Windows since 3.1. 

I'm tired of this **bleep**!! Lenovo has buggy software like their utility that comes pre-installed. This is why people go to Apple. This is the last time I buy something from Lenovo...I'm kind of stuck with Microsoft since I play games on my Desktop, which also has some issues after the first Creator's update was released. 

This is so frustrating!!

jkiper
Punch Card
Views: 1,466
Message 100 of 131

Someone from Lenovo at least should OFFICIALLY confirm us if the touchscreen should work in the BIOS.......

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors