cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Taube
Paper Tape
Views: 1,588
Message 111 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

hey folks. Has anyone heard of a permanent solution? I have purchased my Lenovo 720 in Cleveland, USA, but live in Copenhagen Denmark. I would be happy for a solution in that

fact that I can not  return my laptop. 

Thanks..

Lenovo please answer!!!

The_CLEW
Paper Tape
Views: 1,571
Message 112 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

After letting the laptop go to sleep, the touchscreen stopped working again.

Called Lenovo and they tried to tell me the update to Win 10 Pro was the problem, but it had stopped working bbefore the upgrade.  They are sending me a key with a restore that is supposed to fix the issue.  I am doubtful, and expect a crash immediately upon updating to Windows 10 v1809, Home or Pro.

jkiper
Punch Card
Views: 1,556
Message 113 of 128

Hi... did you try the touchscreen in BIOS to see if it works? I live in Argentina, but have the opportunity to give my laptop to a friend who is now @USA for vacation. As I have extended warranty with onsite support I asked for a touchscreen replacement. Not only they said that they are not allowed to make cellphone calls, or international cellphone calls, or email communitaction with my friend to arrange for the technician visit (not even whatsapp??? come on!), but then when finally the technician contact my friend, he said that the screen replacement that lenovo sent him, was DOA (Death on Arrival???) ... dont know even how he tested it... but also said that also the keyboard and touchpad was not working too, WHEN IT WAS... So he leave my laptop again at the hotel reception "recommending" for depot service... Last night my friend pick it up AGAIN from his hotel reception and oh surprise! the laptop was exactly as it was , of course keyboard and touchpad IS WORKING. So, probably the tech guy DO NOTHING... I think that he dont even went... So LENOVO is LIYNG. Today I will contact AGAIN Lenovo Chat Support and ask for an escalation of this case to demand they MAIL ME, to my friend location @USA, to Argentina or wherever the entire touchscreen so I replace it myself. I'm really tired Lenovo fooling me and all their clients with this case. Im sure I will make an effort also to make this public in all social networks I can.

Cheers

jkiper
Punch Card
Views: 1,524
Message 114 of 128

In fact, after almost an year, 27 posts, and 12 pages, Lenovo is still in silence... Shame on you.

AlexSp94
What's DOS?
Views: 1,346
Message 115 of 128

I have the same issue on the Lenovo Yoga 720 15IKB - I deactivated my touch screen the official windows 10 way:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028019/windows-enable-and-disable-your-touchscreen-in-wind...

After a few months I wanted to have touch again, went into the device manager and there the touch screen was listed as enabled which I never did but it wasnt working. So I could not re-enable it as it was "working" , saying something about not migrated in the events tab. I tried everything possible :

- Activate / reactivate

- Uninstall device and search for changed hardware - nothing

- Updating BIOS

- Reinstalling every possible drivers (old ones, new ones, different ones) from official sources

- Reinstalling drivers with recommendations from this thread

- Enabling and disabling Touch Gate in the registry

- Factory resetting windows

- Formatting hard drive

- Fresh installing windows 

- Fresh installing all drivers for my device which made everything but the touch work

- literally any advice you can find in alot of popular threads

It simply does not work, neither in BIOS nor in Windows. I get a "failed to start device" event in the event manager sometimes, sometimes not. it is super strange as it does not seem to identify the device correctly. I have a theory that something is messed up with the hardware identification as uninstalling the HID compliant Touch Screen sometimes messes up the touchpad or the Keyboard.

Everything points to a broken touch panel but the laptop is nearly mint condition, was never transported and even the touch with the pen from lenovo works without any issues. Either the touch panel is super senstive or some update messed up the driver for the hardware big time.

I will factory reset my laptop once more and then return it. I will update you guys with my experiences with the replacement handling as my device just hit 1 years old.

tcordero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 753
Message 116 of 128

Hi!

I have been experiencong this since November. Were you able to solve yours? Thanks!

tcordero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 751
Message 117 of 128

Hi Pragmaticshop!

I am also from the Philippines and I have the same problem since November. How did your warranty go? Is your Touchscreen working now?

Thanks!

The_CLEW
Paper Tape
Views: 745
Message 118 of 128

Latest driver update finally fixed the touchscreen!

Now to,figure out why WIFI keeps, dropping.

tcordero
Fanfold Paper
Views: 734
Message 119 of 128

Hi The_CLEW!

which driver has updates? also what is your windows10 build version? (1803, 1709, etc)

thanks!

MrFrank
Paper Tape
Views: 727
Message 120 of 128

LENOVO COMPANY. SOLVE NOW THIS ISSUES OR WE SHOW TO EVERYWHERE YOUR INCAPACITY AND IRRESPONSIBILITY FOR SALE A HIGH LEVEL PRODUCT THAT IS NOT WORKING AT ALL.. WE MADE A ORDER DEMAND IN
BELGIUM'S AND EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION FOR CONSUMER RIGHT'S

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors