cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoga720
Punch Card
Views: 4,570
Message 21 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

The touchscreen should work in the bios. Mine is not working in the bios either. I think it could be a hardware or firmware issue, that won't get fixed with a software update. How can we get Lenovo to officially comment?

growneym
Paper Tape
Views: 4,532
Message 22 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

HP SPECTRA 360s arrived. They look great and they work!
I applaud those of you still trying to sort this, but if you’re looking to move on and actually focus on using the machine, I do recommend this as a good alternative.
Yoga720
Punch Card
Views: 4,509
Message 23 of 128

@feco911 Reach out to Lenovo. If it were a driver issue the touchscreen should still work in the bios.

Yoga720
Punch Card
Views: 4,508
Message 24 of 128

@growneym Glad, you found a suitable laptop. For many of us, myself included I purchased the laptop months ago and can no longer return it. 

pubbaa88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,082
Message 25 of 128

hi guys!! i too was having this issue after updating Lenovo Vantage app,and windows 10 updates.

so try removing that app and all the Lenova Applications (helpful apps ...still bloatware imo)

afterwards do a restart,

that should fix the issue..

keep the Dolby Atoms software, everything else is just messing up the pc

Serapth
What's DOS?
Views: 4,039
Message 26 of 128

I am also having this problem.  I got this computer just before XMas, a Yoga 15".  In the meanwhile my wife ordered a 13" model and immediately after running Windows update for the first time, the touch screen and pen stopped working with the Wacom driver failing.  She ended up returning it to Lenovo.  

Mine worked fine until a few weeks later, then exactly the same error.  It would work periodically on reboots, maybe one in five.  Hasnt worked for several days now.

Lenovo's silence on this is deafening.  Making me regret my purchase bigtime.  I get driver issues and bad manufacturing runs... but the complete lack of customer engagement is infuriating.

Kicker is, after my wife sent hers back they keep asking her to review it... over and over and over.  Very disappointing.

ykim1228
What's DOS?
Views: 3,307
Message 27 of 128

Hello,

About this reply above:

--------------------------

hi guys!! i too was having this issue after updating Lenovo Vantage app,and windows 10 updates.

so try removing that app and all the Lenova Applications (helpful apps ...still bloatware imo)

afterwards do a restart,

that should fix the issue..

keep the Dolby Atoms software, everything else is just messing up the pc

----------------------------------

Would you please explain this in more details?

Has anyone tried this and did it actually work?

What would be the disadvantage of deletning those apps?

Devilisback
Paper Tape
Views: 3,299
Message 28 of 128

hi guys,

Same issue with my Yoga too. lost patience in waiting for any patch or something from lenovo/windows/wacom, but no use of waiting so. Finally handovered to lenovo official service centre, they replaced the screen with all necessary updation (windows/drivers/etc.). now its working. let see how long will it go this way......

Needfix
Paper Tape
Views: 2,717
Message 29 of 128

It is four months since this person's last post.  Any fixes yet?   My Yoga 720 touch screen, finger sensor, and bluetooth all not working after recent Windows update. 

2Relaxed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,446
Message 30 of 128

Hi all, I posted this in reply to this thread as well:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-720-Touchscreen-not-working/m-p/40560...

and this one: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-720-Touchscreen-Not-Working-Waiting-f...

Fixed.

My touchscreen was working fine up until about a month ago (laptop purchased in Nov. 2017).

It stopped suddenly for no reason that I can think of.

I've tried  many possible fixes found online, none of them worked, so I pretty much resigned to just having a regular non-touch laptop for the time being (I was using touchscreen only occasionally anyway).

Last night my son decided to take a look at the laptop and basically per his advice I uninstalled the Wacom driver and immediately rebooted the laptop. Once it was up, the touchscreen was working again. I don't know if this somehow coinsided with the WIndows update that I kept postponing but that did get installed during last night's reboot. The updates that got installed were: KB4093112 and KB4093110. 

Cheers!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors