cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,913
Message 31 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

Nope. Doesn't work here.

However, post uninstalling Wacom driver, Device Manager -> HID devices -> HID-Compliant Touchscreen -> Events, no longer has the "Device not migrated" event. So I was initially excited.

BUT, the hid-compliant touchpad now does say it wasn't migrated, however, that works fine.

Another difference for me, my updates are a little past yours, as I'm on the Insider program tier (Just fixes, apps, and drivers) for Windows updates and have already recieved the Spring Creators Update, build 1803 as of 4/22.
2Relaxed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,895
Message 32 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

Hmmm, maybe I just got lucky, idk. My laptop is: YOGA 72015IKB, BIOS version 4MCN28WWV2.00. 

Here's what I have in my Dev. Manager under HID:

HID_04262018.PNG

Previously there was a Wacom device listed at the bottom that had an exclamation point inside a triangular icon. There was NO HID-compliant touch screen device in that list after the touch screen stopped working and before it got fixed the other day. After it got fixed the Wacom device disappeared and I guess was replaced by the HID-compliant touch screen as it should.

The driver for HID-compliant touch screen is this one right now:

HID_driver_04262018.PNG

2Relaxed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,761
Message 33 of 128

Wow, it died again. No warning, no nothing.

Back to square 1 with a broken Wacom driver at the bottom of the HID list.  

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,731
Message 34 of 128

my device manager list has never changed?

I did after your tip the other day ended up not working for me, re-install the wacom driver. Still doesn't work however.

dev.JPG

Going a bit extreme here - Anyway to get some money back from Lenovo? Do we have any options for a class action suit?

I mean sure, not having touch isn't a big deal, but the price difference we paid compared to a laptop with similar specs minus touch was a couple hundred bucks. Private party resell value is hugely effected by the laptop not being fully functional. When someone now can definitely get a comparable spec laptop minus touch for around $8-900. So we'd have to price ours well below that for it to make any sense to buy used.

I paid close to $1500 after tax for mine at BestBuy last June. Touch worked fine up until around November. Well outside of my return period.

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,730
Message 35 of 128

Also, Here's screen's of the 3 devices in the chain for the touch screen. All apparently "functioning".

device2.JPGdevice.JPG

2Relaxed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,726
Message 36 of 128

Hmm, my list is back to where it started when the screen wasn't working:

HID_04302018_post-reboot_Wacom.PNGWacom_driver_04302018.PNG   

Your laptop may still be under warranty, isn't it 1-year warranty for new laptops?

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,715
Message 37 of 128

I'm sure it's voided. I replaced the TIM to reduce temps back in July, when everything worked. I also replaced the Broadcom wifi  board with an Intel board. More so however, in December Ipulled the screen to make sure the connection for the touch screen was solid. So sure, that's my fault. 

KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,712
Message 38 of 128

i am facing this issue since january. tried everything since then but no luck.

today i installed april creators update hoping it will solve but again no luck.

i again dont think it is a hardware issue. i strongly think it is a driver issue as so many people cannot have hardware issue at the same time.

one method is to roll back the driver to 2016 version of wacom and then uninstall the touchscreen from device manager and restart the computer.

thats the last solution what i have now. let me know if it works for anyone.

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,703
Message 39 of 128

I tried the 2016 driver roll back in December.

I convinced a co-worker in Late February to buy one and let him know the touch screen might die within a few days. He could return it if that were the case. His is still working as far as I know. I even side by side compared installed drivers. Lenovo very well could have done a hardware revision on the touch screen controller board.

Has anyone that has done a warranty claim in regards to the touch had the issue return?

If it's as simple as a new touch controller board, I'm sure I could order one from Lenovo replacement parts, or alieexprrss/eBay.

KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,701
Message 40 of 128

can u ask ur co worker to check in device manager for touchscreen event viewer .

because in mine it shows that device is deleted. device is migrated etc. i am worried about the fact why the device is deleted. for touchpad there is no statement of device deleted. 

what about you? do u also have the device is deleted messsage in event in device manager for touch screen.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors