cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,165
Message 51 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

I've read various posts where people had done a clean install to Windows before the fall update and it still didn't work. Like, once the fall update broke it, it stayed broken.

For what it's worth, I tried a live boot usb of Fedora and Ubuntu linux last night. No touchscreen, but then again, the touchpad didn't work either, so I had no input. Didn't bother hooking up a usb mouse.

I think I'll try the warranty route.

Skiboppin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,078
Message 52 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

Is there ever going to be a patch for this? or is everyone just going to have to send in their laptops? I was really hoping new april update did something to fix this issue as Ive been dealing with this for 8months now.
KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,052
Message 53 of 128

yeah same for me too . its been 4 months for me now.

is there a way around this. i am very sure this is a driver issue and not hardware as i have experienced this but after a restart it was working. after the update only this was permanent. 

We have to notify wacom,lenovo or microsoft somewhow. anyone with ideas are welcome.

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,032
Message 54 of 128

I just contacted support and was told Windows 10 ver 1809 which is to drop on 5/9 might fix the update. I can either wait for the update or send my laptop in, I opted to wait a few more days to see.

"Yes, we have a lot of issues regarding update when Windows released it. Some drivers stopped working. However, they will release another update on May 9 with different version as well that may resolve the issue but it is a trial and error."

"Yes, we dont have a resolution yet on that issue since Windows released it. Hopefully, the new version that they will released will fix all of the issues."

The rep didn't exactly sound confident that 1809 update will fix the issue, but at least it seems they're aware of touch screen issues and are totally willing to warranty my unit.

I don't see how a new screen replacement fixes a driver issue. Has anyone that sent in for warranty had the issue come back?

KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,020
Message 55 of 128

But did you say that the issue started before the 1803 update?

Skiboppin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,018
Message 56 of 128

this issue has been around since the fall creators update. For me as soon as the update finished i was able to use my touchscreen for like 10mins then it cut out and never came back. 

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,010
Message 57 of 128

XKS, I let the rep know my touch screen has been dead since the fall update. My touch screen has never once shown any signs of life. I was hoping the spring update fixed it. He/she didn't seem all that confident that the 1809 windows update will fix it, even admited it was hit or miss. That's only 5 days from today, including a weekend, where my laptop wouldn't move in shipping to Lenovo anyways. I've been waiting ~8 months, what's another 3 days?

I've reverted and installed new drivers. Like I said several posts ago, I convinced a co-worker to buy a 720-15ikb. Made him aware of the possible touch issues. Upon unboxing and post windows updates, I confirmed my drivers matched his.

Not sure if I mentioned buy up until the 1803 spring update, my "HID Compliant Touch Screen" device had an event saying the driver did not migrate. Now that event is gone. So it's possible someone on the Microsoft side is on the right track towards getting drivers to work, IF thats the issue.

However, I'm PRETTY sure Lenovo made a hardware revision to the touch digitizer control board.

Skiboppin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,004
Message 58 of 128

You convinced him to be a 15" model? Is this issue even on 15" models i thought only 13" models were affected 

KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 993
Message 59 of 128

i have an idea guys.

so when they are going to release the new update, try the following before updating just before:

go to device manager and uninstall the hid touchscreen and wacom device.

then allow the windows update to restart altogether. 

we can try that. i have a strong feeling that it will work.

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 985
Message 60 of 128

Skiboppin, yes, he got the 15". I hadn't noticed the issue was exclusive to the 13" or 15" models. I've seen it with both. I've got the 15" and my touch doesn't work. It stopped with the fall update.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors