cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juntis
Serial Port
Views: 1,542
Message 71 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

@psychrage wrote:

I just contacted support and was told Windows 10 ver 1809 which is to drop on 5/9 might fix the update. I can either wait for the update or send my laptop in, I opted to wait a few more days to see.

"Yes, we have a lot of issues regarding update when Windows released it. Some drivers stopped working. However, they will release another update on May 9 with different version as well that may resolve the issue but it is a trial and error."

"Yes, we dont have a resolution yet on that issue since Windows released it. Hopefully, the new version that they will released will fix all of the issues."

The rep didn't exactly sound confident that 1809 update will fix the issue, but at least it seems they're aware of touch screen issues and are totally willing to warranty my unit.

I don't see how a new screen replacement fixes a driver issue. Has anyone that sent in for warranty had the issue come back?

I did send my unit (mind you, it is the 520 version) numerous times and the issue keeps coming back. The guys at Lenovo said that they had changed the display, the mainboard, and the touch cable, but the touchscreen still often fails to work.

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,517
Message 72 of 128

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Functional (Wacom Driver Issues after Windows Update?)

Well that sounds comforting.

My 15" 720-15 is apparently fixed and on it's way back to me, will update tomorrow.
juntis
Serial Port
Views: 1,489
Message 73 of 128

Last night, my touchscreen worked, but after a Windows update, it failed to work. I tried to perform a system restore that was created automatically before the update, and it suddenly works like a charm again. I am turning off Windows update through Services.msc temporarily so that I won't receive any Windows update. Will only turn it on again when I am about to receive the version 1809 (Redstone 5).

Edit: the version of Windows that works is  the following: WhatsApp Image 2018-05-23 at 12.09.38.jpegI think the v 1803/Redstone4/April Update 2018 build 17134.1 is currently the most stable build. After I updated to this build, I had amost never exprienced any touch screen problem However, when I  installed an update that elevated the OS build from 17134.1 to 17134.5, the problem returns. I think the 17134.5 build somehow broke the touch functionality. I then reverted back to build 17134.1, and as I said before, the touch screen function returns.

2Relaxed
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,466
Message 74 of 128

I am currently on Windows version 1709, build 16299.461, touchscreen not working. How do I get it up to 1803? All updates on my machine are current and I don't see an option to go up to 1803.

juntis
Serial Port
Views: 1,457
Message 75 of 128

@2Relaxed wrote:

I am currently on Windows version 1709, build 16299.461, touchscreen not working. How do I get it up to 1803? All updates on my machine are current and I don't see an option to go up to 1803.

Try using this 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Also, I just found out that if you leave your laptop in the desk/tent position until it sleeps, you will find the touchscreen failing to work again the next time you wake it up. I tried restarted several times and it is still not functional.

psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,414
Message 76 of 128

My 720-15IKB is back and has gotten it's display panel replaced. I'm not going to open it up to verify the display panel part number, or touch control board or anything. I don't even know what was in there before so it doesn't matter. Touch works perfectly fine (for now?). Geek Squad didnt't wipe my windows install.

I'm on 1803. All drivers are still what I had before sending in.

busrarc
What's DOS?
Views: 1,329
Message 77 of 128

Hi, 

I had the same problem since this morning. Yesterday everything was working and when I opened my computer the touchscreen didnt work. Pen and ID pad are both fine. There was no new microsoft updates. I am not good at computers stuff but somehow my touchscreen is working now. I am gonna describe what I did maybe it will work for some of you.

First I deleted all new updates (there was an adobe and Windows update 1.5 weeks old) then I removed walcom pen application and reinstall it from its website. Finally I removed mice driver (there were 2 of them actually) from Mice and other pointing devices. 

After the restart the touchpad was working again. 

DW92
What's DOS?
Views: 1,185
Message 78 of 128

Is this happening on ALL yoga 720s?  There are literally hundreds of posts on the web about this not working and pointing the finger at Microsoft or Lenovo needing to come out with a patch.  I have called Lenovo Customer Support 2x and through the broken English all they can offer after trying all of their "approved patches" is for me to send it to the warehouse to check it out.  It is 4 days old.  I could simply take it back to Best Buy and get a new one, but will it be any different?? I do not understand how this is not a bigger issue and why it has been happening for over 6 months.   If it is every laptop, I am amazed it isn't fixed.... if it is one or 2 in a batch, I could just go return it and get a new one, minus all the hours of installing all the software on it I currently need.  2nd Lenovo laptop, Loved the first, but this is ridiculous.   

DW92
What's DOS?
Views: 1,185
Message 79 of 128

Ditto... **bleep**????
psychrage
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,172
Message 80 of 128

I got mine last June. Touch screen died after the fall update. I JUST got mine back from warranty screen replacement after waiting months to finally give in to having it repaired. My co-worker bought one in Feb, touch screen has had zero issues. I don't really know what's up, but Lenovo's silence is BS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors