Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yoga720
Punch Card
Views: 17,968
Message 1 of 17

Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Working - Waiting for patch from Microsoft

There has been some information collected on the issue. It appears there is an incompatibility with the touchscreen driver (from Wacom) and the latest Windows 10 Creator Update. 

This thread has indicated that Lenovo is aware of the issue, but is waiting for Microsoft to release a patch. I will not mark this topic solved until they provide a working solution.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-720-Touchscreen-Not-Functional-Wacom-...

feco911
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,828
Message 2 of 17

Re: Yoga 720 Touchscreen Not Working - Waiting for patch from Microsoft

Thanks for this topic.

The weird thing is that i downloaded the original factory reset disk from the Lenovo site, and restored my lenovo to it's initial state. The touch screen is also not working without any windows update, but it worked out of the box. Smiley Sad

I dont understand why is it not working this time, and why it worked out of the box. The only thing is different that i upgraded my BIOS, and cant downgrade it to it's initial state (because i cant find it on the internet to download).

Yoga720
Punch Card
Views: 17,812
Message 3 of 17

I see you and I are also in another thread. My error seems to be different than the error you are seeing.

Yoga720
Punch Card
Views: 17,764
Message 4 of 17

For people who also this issue, can you go into your bios and see if the touchscreen is working in the bios?

astronaut_ARC
What's DOS?
Views: 17,605
Message 5 of 17

Hi, I have the same touchscreen issue. My laptop worked for 2 weeks, and now, after a Windows update, touchscreen is off...waiting for the solution.

astronaut_ARC
What's DOS?
Views: 17,604
Message 6 of 17

it's not working in bios. I tested already.

Yoga720
Punch Card
Views: 17,602
Message 7 of 17

@astronaut_ARC contact Lenovo support. I did and they indicated to me it is a hardware issue if the touchscreen doesn't work in the bios. My laptop is shipped off to the depot.

KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,393
Message 8 of 17

I have similar Issue. This started soon after an update from January 3. After I tried many methods but touchscreen seems like dead. Also the there are no errors in device manager and system info shows that there is touch display. So there system knows that the display is touch. Tried changing the registry values for touch ui and touchgate but no effect. Dont know whats caused the issue as the touchscreen was working perfectly just before the update.

Yoga720
Punch Card
Views: 17,470
Message 9 of 17

Hi KXS and anyone else experiencing touchscreen issues. Since my original post, I did much more investigation, loaded touch enable Linux etc.

The easiest way to determine if it is a software issue or a hardware issue is to boot into the bios. If the touchscreen works there you have a driver issue. If it doesn’t it is highly likely you have a defective touchscreen.

For me it was a defective touchscreen. I have since shipped it back to the repair depot. Where they do not have my touchscreen part in stock and I much wait for them to obtain the part.

KXS
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,336
Message 10 of 17

But I hope that cannot be the case because it was working fine untill the update. So how can it suddenly be hardware failure. And actually the touchscreen for me I remember once that it was like this like it did not respond and then i did a restart and then it was normal again. So i think it is the software or some kind of freeze. I am actually waiting for the spring creators update which will hopefully solve the issue. Anyone with more solutions are appreciated. 

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors