Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saba-7
Not applicable
Views: 428
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720 UHD Screen Black Horizontal Line

Greeting,

I have black horizontal line at the top of my screen started 3 weeks back and I was thinking it will be fixed by itself with a restart or some updates. The problem I had is as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hog2MpgOMSY. My laptop is Yoga 720 with UHD screen and I noticed the problem appeared after upgrading the BIOS. To be precise, I can’t recall if the problem appeared immediately after the BIOS upgrade or not, as I lightly use the laptop.

Does someone experience the same problem? is it hardware issue or software issue?

My warranty just expired today and I am not currently in the US and the laptop is not supported internationally.

Thanks,

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 421
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 720 UHD Screen Black Horizontal Line

Hi saba-7,

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

You can try checking the same line in the BIOS although it may be faint, This isolates the issue to the LCD specially if it does not appear in an external monitor. Possible hardware intervention is a likely solution.

Perhaps you can also chat with Lenovo US tech team (open only during business hours, change flag and language on top to English US ) for other options. I suggest you do it right now.

I hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors