cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Homik
Paper Tape
Views: 1,936
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 720 WiFi doesn't connect to one specific network (other devices connect to it)

Hi,

My brand new Yoga 720-15 IKB doesn't connect to my workplace wifi network which is a Mikrotik network. It does though connect to my home network or a mobile hotspot and works fine with them. I have installed all Windows 10 updates and Lenovo Companion updates. I have manually updated wifi card driver, I have also tried deleting network card and installing it again - but no success. Still doesn't connect to this one particular network in my workplace.

To make it stranger my coworker has the same brand new Yoga 720, the only difference is that mine Yoga is grey and his is platinium color. We discovered also that two, supposedly the same computers  have different network cards (he has Intel, I have Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A. This is a bit weird).

I have also found out his Yoga connects easily to VPN at our workplace, my doesn't.

Any ideas how to solve it?

EDIT: my current network card driver is 12.0.0.295

flintstone99
Serial Port
Views: 1,888
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 720 WiFi doesn't connect to one specific network (other devices connect to it)

Hi,

there are two options for the WIFI card, the Intel 8265 which is supposed to be the better option and the cheaper Qualcom option you seem to have Smiley Surprised. You can however change it.

While I do have the Intel, I also had an issue intially, it connected only with very low speed. It turned out a setting in my TP-Link access point was the problem, I had set it to transmit only on 808.11g and n. That should have been fine, but when I changed it to work with b,g and n, it properly connected to 802.11n with the right speed. Other devices (Fujitsu & HP notebook, several mobile phones) did not have that issue.

Homik
Paper Tape
Views: 1,863
Message 3 of 7

Re: Yoga 720 WiFi doesn't connect to one specific network (other devices connect to it)

Thanks for sharing ideas.

My colleague has Intel and his machine connects to our wifi at work.

Until now, when I tried to connect it said "connection error" so basically wouldn't connect at all.

According to your suggestion I have tried different wifi settings today with our Microtik router. With some frequencies set up in router control panel my Yoga connected to our workplace network, which is a small step forward, but still there was no internet connection (is says: connected, no internet). The other Yoga connects.

So I am still looking for a solution.

flintstone99
Serial Port
Views: 1,856
Message 4 of 7

did you check whether you get an IP adress assigned after it says connected?
Homik
Paper Tape
Views: 1,851
Message 5 of 7

No, I will have a look at it tomorrow, thanks!

Highlighted
Homik
Paper Tape
Views: 1,832
Message 6 of 7

Yes, I do.

flintstone99
Serial Port
Views: 1,799
Message 7 of 7

are there any profiles or rules implemented in the router?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors