11-15-2019

AU

2 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720 and Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 - Network Port not working

2019-11-15, 9:26 AM

I plugged my new ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Workstation Dock/Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 - Type 40AN into the USB C Thunderbolt port in my Yoga 720.

The theory being I could run all my related devices off the dock.  I was able to connect Monitors but little else.

• I cant get the Ethernet to work. It wont identify the LAN.
  • I cant get any of the USB ports to drive a wireless mouse and keyboard

To get the network and wireless mouse working I had to plug an old cheap dock.  The aim was to replace the extra docks, but the new docking station does not seem to support either wireless mouse/keyboard or the network port.

Is there a configuration I am missing. The docking station has a good number of USB 3.x ports and a network port.

• Should I be able to drive wireless mouse/keyboard of one of the USB 3 ports
  • Should the network / ethernet port work
Options

379 Posts

11-04-2019

PH

114 Signins

4667 Page Views

• Views: 4667
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 720 and Thunderbolt 3 Dock Gen 2 - Network Port not working

2019-11-15, 16:03 PM

Hi ,

Based on the documentation, the docking station is not compatible with your device as shown on https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/pd500265, that's why you're having issues with it. A lot of people were able to get it to work even on other models but, not all features because of the compatibility of it.

You can review this link from our fellow members https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-720-dock-compatibility/td-p/3684149/page/2.

I hope this helps.

Jeremy

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save