Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KristofP
Paper Tape
Views: 745
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 720 black line again after service repair

I bought Yoga 720 15 4K from best buy about three months ago. 16 days after my purchase, conveniently 1 day after the return period expired, my screen suddenly developed the black line everyone is talking about. I sent my laptop for lenovo service repair and received it back after about a week, but I was traveling and unable to test the laptop but about 3 weeks ago for the first time. It seemed OK, no black line visible, so I was happy, eventhough I was little confused that the repair report that came with my laptop was not filled, it doesn't say that anything was repaired or replaced. Nonetheless, today after only about a two weeks of moderate use (not even daily), the black line appeared again! All the sudden, it was not there in the morning and now it is, it looks exactly the same as the last time.

What should I do!?

I am leaving overseas on this upcoming Sunday for a year, so I dont have any more time for trying another service request. And more importantly with reading that I am not the first who got the black line reappear, I don't even see any appeal in doing that! I am seriously dissatisfied with the situation, that I have to deal with such flaw twice on $1500 machine. Any chance I can claim refund, or get a quick repair near Kansas City, Missouri?

Thank you!

KristofP
Paper Tape
Views: 648
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 720 black line again after service repair

Am I seriously not getting a single response from any lenovo or community representative? Just ignoring this?

Vordesigns
Paper Tape
Views: 603
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 720 black line again after service repair

I'm not surprised; your story sounds like mine only I've been waiting a week now for a supevisore to provide me with a method to backup the system and then reset it to factory before I ship it back to them.

The reason being; I can't send proprietery information to an unknown entitity that isn't go to be willing to indemnify me and my clients from any potential IP theft that may occur while in Lenovo's possession.

I suppose I could take it to Batteries Plus and have them yank the drive for me but, I have a feeling that Lenovo would then void the warranty and say I damaged the system by pulling the hard drive.

This is my first foray into Lenovo products after over 20 years with D#LL; sad to say, I'm not feeling the love.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors