Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KP57
What's DOS?
Views: 398
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720 can’t login

This morning the fing print reader worked. This evening it did not and asked for a pin. The only pin I had was not accepted. Attempted the password and it did not work and would not let me reset. Could not reset pin either. Any help,would be appreciated 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 371
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 720 can’t login

Hi KP57!

Welcome to the community forums.

Usually, the pin code that you register on your laptop is associated to your Microsoft account. Could you try to log in you Microsoft account using other devices and check if your pin code will work?

Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

KP57
What's DOS?
Views: 366
Message 3 of 4

That did not work either. I’ve attempted the pin that was originally used, I be tried the password. Following a pin attempt the message is too many times, restart your device, than sometimes it says one minute lock out another time it says 30 seconds. Sometimes at restart it will ask for fingerprint than goes to requesting a pin.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 361
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the update. I found a discussion from a Microsoft forums about this issue. Try the steps provided and
check if this works for you. Click here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/unable-to-
login-using-the-login-pin/5ece55a9-ee83-4f42-a732-a902ef6527e4

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors