03-09-2019

US

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga 720 - cursor jumps when typing

2019-03-09, 2:18 AM

I am about to loose my freaking mind.  I currently own a Yoga 720.  My frustration with this laptop has gotten to the point where I am ready to toss it.  When typing my curser jumps around in the middle of the document i am working on. This totally messes up what I am typing and sometimes highlighting and deleting the entire document.  I have made several adjustments to the mouse and touchpad.  Nothing has helped.  This is my 2nd yoga.  My first is a yoga 2.  I did not have this problem with it and was completely happy with this.  I bought this laptop based on my experience with the first one but I am really beginning to regret it. i bought my kiddos HP's which cost me less than a third of what I paid for this lenevo, yet I have resorted to using theirs because I am sick of this.  I just want to type my document out without dealing with the curser jumping around jacking up what i am working on.  It gets time consuming.

Can someone pls help me remedy this issue?

Nicki

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Options

1 Posts

04-27-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Yoga 720 - cursor jumps when typing

2020-04-27, 18:31 PM

I have also been having this issue. It's persisted since buying the computer a few years ago. I have been looking into getting an external keyboard and mouse because it's so frustrating. I'm not sure if it's happening because: a) the device occasionally thinks it's being converted into tablet mode when it's not, b) if the screen randomly registers as if someone has touched it or c) the mouse pad is occasionally registering as if I'm tapping it while typing (I'm not). I've tinkered with the mouse pad sensitivity, but that hasn't helped. 

Options

135 Posts

12-11-2010

US

191 Signins

2040 Page Views

• Views: 2040
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-04-28, 16:26 PM

The touchpad on these laptops is sometimes VERY sensitive.

Many, many times I've heard this complaint only to find out that the person's palm or thumb or side of finger would very slightly touch the pad while typing.

Try this - physically tilt your fingers down into a 'claw' look and type like that for a while to see if your issue goes away.

Options

1 Posts

07-28-2014

US

7 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-05-09, 2:12 AM

I'm having the same problem. Initially, it was mostly when I was filling out web forms. But in the last few days, it's also happening when I'm working on emails in Thunderbird. My typing style doesn't change depending on what type of document I'm working on so it doesn't seem like it can be accidental touching of the mouse pad. Like a previous commenter, I had a previous Yoga and was really pleased with it. It started slowing down and the fan started running more so I decided to replace it. Got a Yoga 3 and have been unhappy with it pretty much from the beginning. It's very aggravating. 

Options

2 Posts

06-29-2020

IN

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-06-29, 18:16 PM
I have also yoga 720 13 inch.. version. Problem is cursor jumping here and there.. Solution- 1.Make backup of whole Hard drive 2.Remove all driver files from c drive .. there's a folder naming driver 3.Install fresh and latest windows 10 via pendrive using rufus.. Your problem got away. 4.Then install only that driver that are very essential for u.. from lenovo support website.. 5. Dont install This driver- Registry Key for Cursor speed. ( This is the main reason that causes jumping of cursor..) And this problem caused by lenovo itself.. and they are not removing that driver.. and lenovo support dont even know why this is happening.. I was having rhis problem from 1 year now and finally doing so much of reasearch and installed windows almost 10 times . Then i figured out what causes problems. I hope this solve your problem.. Wanna thank me and support me. Paypal me
Options

2 Posts

06-29-2020

IN

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-06-29, 18:30 PM
I have also yoga 720 13 inch.. version. Problem is cursor jumping here and there.. Solution- 1.Make backup of whole Hard drive 2.Remove all driver files from c drive .. there's a folder naming driver 3.Install fresh and latest windows 10 via pendrive using rufus.. Your problem got away. 4.Then install only that driver that are very essential for u.. from lenovo support website.. 5. Dont install This driver- Registry Key for Cursor speed. ( This is the main reason that causes jumping of cursor..) And this problem caused by lenovo itself.. and they are not removing that driver.. and lenovo support dont even know why this is happening.. I was having rhis problem from 1 year now and finally doing so much of reasearch and installed windows almost 10 times . Then i figured out what causes problems. I hope this solve your problem.. Wanna thank me and support me. Paypal me paypal.me/alphachayan
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete