Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paardo
What's DOS?
Views: 3,269
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 720 enable Physical Keyboard In Tablet mode

Does anyone know how to enable their physical keyboard while using their laptop in tablet mode. i have an external monitor and want to use the laptop in tablet mode to save space. thanks for helping!

Rub87
What's DOS?
Views: 3,048
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 720 enable Physical Keyboard In Tablet mode

Hello,

When I discovered that the keyboard was auto disabled in tablet mode without the ability to enable it I realised this must have been a big mistake from the design department because it is totally awesome if you can just fold the laptop, connect a nice 32' 4K display and use it as a keyboard.

Anyway after reading about how owners of older yoga machines got around this remarkable design flaw by using a magnet I started experimenting and luckilz also the 720 can be tricked with a good magnet.

The key is to adjust your windows power settings so that the PC does not go in standby when the lid is closed and then just fold it and place the magnet on the spot. (see picture). The pc will think its display is closed but at the same time the hardware interface will not detect a table mode lid and the keyboard is enabled Smiley Happy

image1.JPG

Paardo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,927
Message 3 of 5

Ive gotten the keyboard to work but it appears that the mousepad is disabled when this trick is done.. do you have any sort of workaround for this? thanks for your help by the way

brano582
What's DOS?
Views: 2,162
Message 4 of 5

I've had the same problem but I've found solution, it's very simple. You just have to go to Device manager and find ''Senzors'' and then right click on ''HID Sensors Collection'' and choose ''disable''.
Wanderer10
What's DOS?
Views: 1,787
Message 5 of 5

Did not work.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors