Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yyzlhr
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,307
Message 21 of 27

Re: Yoga 720 fan noise

FYI, there is a BIOS update available from lenovo now that now has a quiet mode you can enable in the BIOS settings.  After the update it is set to "performance" by default.  I changed it to quiet mode and I have noticed the fans are less aggressive.  You will notice a tad of thermal throttling under high load.  

If you're considering this laptop, it is generally quiet most of the time, but the fan is a bit more aggressive and comes on more often than some other laptops in the class.  However, at the same time, this laptop has some of the best thermals, it is never hot to the touch, barely even warm even under high load and there is very minimal thermal throttling. 

rdevulap
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,287
Message 22 of 27

Do you have ubuntu 16.04 installed on your lenovo 720? If so, can you please print the outout of lm_sensors? 

Oreck
Punch Card
Views: 2,979
Message 23 of 27

The newest BIOS 4MCN24WW(V1.... update brings back the fan noise problem. I downloaded the newest version onto my computer and now I am hearing the fans almost everything I switch between tabs or open any other program. The 23 version of the update fixed this problem and looks like we are back to the same issue with the current 24 version. Please let me know if you have updated as well and having the same issue. Thanks. 

BTW, I have the 15inches version of the Yoga 720. 

orlando25
What's DOS?
Views: 2,891
Message 24 of 27

Hello,

I had the same very annoying fan problem with my Yoga 720 13'. As instructed I installed "Fan Control" and applied the Lenovo Yoga 2    13' configuration and set the critical temperature to 55°. The issue has stopped. I am very pleased. 

Thank you very much all Smiley Happy

I am starting my master degree in 2 days and just bought this laptop for this. I was very worried that it would start pulsing air like hell during classes... No more worries.

Cain1957
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,163
Message 25 of 27

Hey, insomniachou, thank you were right!!

"I had the same issue. After I uninstalling Lenovo Settings, Lenovo Companion, Lenovo Account Portal and Lenovo yoga mode control, the issue seems being resolved. I was watching YouTube videos and surfing the news all night, and the fan barely kicked in....."

I uninstalled those programs and it is MUCH better. I'm gonna check out that Fan Control app now.

Take care!

ASFAER9394
What's DOS?
Views: 2,101
Message 26 of 27

Has anyone found a fix for this issue, its disgusting that there's no clear solution as the device is expensiveSmiley Mad

insomniachou
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,092
Message 27 of 27

The problem has been solved long time ago by updating the BIOS. If this doesn't fix your issue, you might consider either return your laptop or get it fixed at Lenovo's repair center.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors