Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattDickson
Paper Tape
Views: 2,009
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 720 handwriting recognition

I have purchased a Yoga 720 i5, and hoped that I could take notes in Windows 10, as on the surface pro I used to use in my last job.

I have looked around and can't find the handriting keyboard icon on the touchpad options, as shown on many websites. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.maketecheasier.com/use-handwriting-input-windows10/amp/

I really wanted to take notes in Word and Excel, and have them converted into text?

I have the Windows Ink available, but no handwriting Keyboard. I am puzzled!!

Fingers crossed, and I hope it's just something simple. 

Many thanks in advance.

Matt

Guru
Views: 1,982
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 720 handwriting recognition

Hi,

I followed the instructions on the link you provided.  After I right clicked on the task bar and chose "Show touch keyboard button".  I then clicked on the keyboard button in the taskbar.  I got the below.  Only difference was in the link you provided the symbol was on the right by the "X" vs on the left for me.  After clicking on the keyboard i click the pen symbol.  The one in blue below.

write.PNG

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

MattDickson
Paper Tape
Views: 1,965
Message 3 of 6

Thank you very much for your reply, as is the first time I have used a forum.

When I go through this process, I still do not have the pen icon on my touch keypad. Please see photo to help clarify.

Am I missing something, as trying to establish if I should have access to this. I hope that I can update or download it from somewhere.

Any help/guidance is much appreciated.

Guru
Views: 1,952
Message 4 of 6

Welcome to the forums! 

Are you in the UK?  In Settings for Region and Language.  Does it show the pen symbol by windows display language like mine below?

us key.PNG

If not see below article.  Seems like handwriting is availalbe for US keyboard but not UK?  See article for possible solution.  I have not tested it myself.  As in I have not added a UK keyboard to see if handwriting is missing.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/43aaacd5-f7fb-4fd6-ae19-fe16f8b7c4da/uk-language-h...

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

MattDickson
Paper Tape
Views: 1,946
Message 5 of 6

Thank you, I have just updated my windows 10 and edited the language settings, now all is good and I too now have handwriting icon.

Thanks again for your help. All resolved.

:^]

Guru
Views: 1,926
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for coming back.  Would you mind marking this topic solved to help other people with same issue?  If a post solves your problem you can help other members by clicking on "Accept as solution".  If a post helps you you can also click the "+" next to kudos too.

thanks!

sol.PNG

Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors