Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrBoeing
What's DOS?
Views: 162
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720 screen issue

Hi all,

I have a Yoga 720-13IKB (base model from 2017), and I cracked the touchscreen a few months ago, and replaced it a day or so ago. I noticed that when I either unplug the AC power, or replug it back in, the screen flashes black for a second or two, then comes back on. it does not affect the functionality in any way shape or form, it is just really really annoying. I have found people who have the screen turn totally off when unplugged, but it does not do that for me, it just flashes black for a second. Any ideas?

thanks,

Christian

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 148
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 720 screen issue

Hello and welcome,

It may be that your power plan settings have different refresh rates set for battery and AC power.  When the refresh rate changes  the screen blanks briefly while adjusting.

I'm not sure where or if that setting exists on your particular machine.  Sorry I can't be more specific.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

mrBoeing
What's DOS?
Views: 119
Message 3 of 4

thank you for the help! that did it, 40hz on battery and 60hz on AC Smiley Happy
mrBoeing
What's DOS?
Views: 105
Message 4 of 4

alrighty, that did it, but it did not, nowi i change the refresh rate on battery to 60hz, and bam, its fixed, and when I plug into AC power, it works as intended, but when i unplug again, it automatically switches back to 40hz. pls help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors