Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afairman1927
Paper Tape
Views: 96
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 720 using wireless display

Hey all;

So here is the issue, I use a Yoga 720-12; I got a sick deal on it and it does what I need it to do, plus it's super tiny and lightweight which I love. Every so often though, I need a larger monitor so the ability to easily connect wirelessly to my TV's all throughout the house has been clutch, however, I need the ability to set up some kind of macro or something to set it up to maybe ask me if I want in tablet/pen mode or a custom mode in which after I connect to a wirless display, and then open my Yoga up completely so as the screen is facing down towards my lap/keyboard facing up, not only will it disable the notebook's display, I also need it to disable the HID-touchscreen while simultaneously re-enabling the notebook's keyboard and trackpad.

Basically I want to use my TV as a monitor for my notebook without having to go buy a bluetooth keyboard/mouse set-up. My buddy told me to do that. He recommended that I connect my Yoga to my TV, a bluetooth keyboard/trackpad to the Yoga, prevent the Yoga from sleeping when closed, close it and set it aside and I'd be good to go at that point. I don't feel as if I should have to do that though when I know that this machine will do what I want it to without spending anymore money.

afairman1927
Paper Tape
Views: 80
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 720 using wireless display

I found that "YMC" controls the keyboard/trackpad while going into tablet mode so if I disable that, the keyboard and trackpad stay on until it ALMOST reaches the fully-open tablet position but by then the keyboard/trackpad are disabled automatically by some OTHER service that I cannot figure out.

Please someone help...

I'll take a video with my phone just so every one can understand what I would like to accomplish and post it in a bit.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors