Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timmy11
Paper Tape
Views: 6,995
Message 1 of 16

Yoga 720 wifi dropouts

Hi,

Just picked up a yoga 720 the other day and am finding the wifi drops out on all mobile devices when using the laptop. I have to reboot the modem (TP LINK Archer D7) which usually lasts another 2-15mins before drops out again. I've tried updating laptop drivers and modem firmware but no luck. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix?

Tim

Guru
Views: 6,857
Message 2 of 16

Re: Yoga 720 wifi dropouts

Hmm that's strange. Maybe try connecting to 2.4Ghz for better range (5GHz for better speeds, less range)

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Timmy11
Paper Tape
Views: 6,842
Message 3 of 16

I've tried 2.4ghz and 5ghz and same problem. It's strange that it cuts out all wifi 

dgoran
What's DOS?
Views: 6,830
Message 4 of 16

I had the same issue and after 1 day of fiddling I figured it out. It was latest Windows update so after uninstalling wifi went back to normal. 

Timmy11
Paper Tape
Views: 6,778
Message 5 of 16

I tried uninstalling last windows updates still no luck. 

Really frustrating I can't do much until this is fixed.

alien2000a
Paper Tape
Views: 5,500
Message 6 of 16

Same problem here. Occasional dropouts and not connecting back until resetting the access point. Other devices such as my mobile phone sitting next to the computer stay connected. Used to have the same problem when I purchased my Vaio SA laptop 5 years ago it was solved with later driver updates from Sony for the internal Intel wifi modem. I hope updated drivers for Windows 10 from Qualcomm is made available soon by Lenovo. Otherwise this is a real pain.

mswck
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,464
Message 7 of 16

I have a Yoga 720 15" with an Intel dual band wireless AC 8265 card for Windows 10 64-bit.  Nothing worked (calling support will not work either, as Lenovo doesn't have this as the latest driver on their website) until I downloaded the latest wireless card package file from Intel (don't install at this point), uninstalled my wireless card from device manager, removed all temp files, ran the latest driver package.  Voila, it is back to working just fine.  Latest package as of today is:  19.70.0.5

lxchin
Paper Tape
Views: 5,431
Message 8 of 16

manage to fix it buddy?
Crazedpuma
Paper Tape
Views: 5,100
Message 9 of 16

I have this same problem on a Yoga 720 13. Brand new. Where were the files you deleted please? If can't resolve this I will need to return it.

Crazedpuma
Paper Tape
Views: 5,071
Message 10 of 16

Found the guidance on removal of temp files - see here: https://communities.intel.com/thread/116008

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors