Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verdegris
Paper Tape
Views: 2,599
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 720 won't turn on most of the time

When I hit the button to turn on my Yoga 720, nothing happens (no light on the power button) but I do feel the soft click (so I don't think the button is broken).  The light where the plug connects to the computer is on whenever it is plugged in.  If I unplug it for a while and then plug it back in for a while (15 minutes or so), it still doesn't work.  However, sometimes if I wait another 15 minutes or so, it fires right up.  If it goes to sleep again, it has the same issues.  I don't think it is a battery issue since it does this after having been plugged in all day as well.

Any thoughts?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,566
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 720 won't turn on most of the time

Hi verdegris! Thanks for posting in our community. Let us check it further. Please try the steps below:

Unplug charger, hold down the power button for 15 seconds. 

Release it and then unplug the charger. Hold down power button again for 15 seconds. Release it and then power it back on the usual way. Let me know what happens. Thanks. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

verdegris
Paper Tape
Views: 2,545
Message 3 of 4

Hi Arjay!

Thank you for the tip.  I tried this and several variations of it and have now been able to get it to fire up consistency.  I also changed the sleep settings to "never" (whether plugged in or not). 

What seems to work consistenty is the following:

- Plugging it in after it has been unplugged for a while

- Pressing the power button once and then pressing it again and holding for 5-10 seconds

- Unplugging it and then pressing the button once and then pressing it again and holding it for 3-5 seconds. (then it fires up)

Note: one time I tried this and it had 0% battery but the next time it had 87% battery so it doesn't seem to depend on whether the battery is completely drained or not

I'll keep experimenting but THANK YOU for sending the note and sending me down this path.  So far, it has worked!

verdegris

Sean0870
Fanfold Paper
Views: 944
Message 4 of 4

I have the same issue, tried your recommendation, and the fan would turn on for about 3 seconds on what sounds like highest setting, then turn off. Tried booting it up normally after that but no luck.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors