Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMAB2003
Blue Screen Again
Views: 619
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 730 13" - Battery drain while shutdown or hibernating

Hi all,

Recently got delivery of a brand new Yoga 730 13" from Lenovo directly and have it updated to latest Windows and Drivers and BIOS.

While the laptop is powered off, I am experiencing a pretty rapid battery drain I think. I am yet to make an accurate observation but it certainly feels like I come back to the laptop in a few hours and the battery remaining is much lower than I remember.

Anyone else experiencing this? I have already disabled Always On USB and have nothing plugged in to the USB ports except for the Active Pen 2 holder.

Thanks!

LenovoVantageBatteryLife.png

Guru
Views: 611
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 13" - Battery drain while shutdown or hibernating

Did you disable fast start up?  Also Wake on Lan.  That will help a lot.  It wont eliminate the drain while shutdown but will help.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

TMAB2003
Blue Screen Again
Views: 607
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 13" - Battery drain while shutdown or hibernating

No i havent disabled fast startup because i really like having that quick functionality. However, since at shutdown/hibernate all ram is dumped to SSD, what is draining the battery? There really should be no component on the laptop drawing power actively. I would understand some slow drain over weeks or months as all batteries do, but not at the rate I seemed to observe. I do need to measure this overnight to get a number though...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors