Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-29-2020

South Africa

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga 730-13IWL Laptop - USB-C Display not working

2020-08-29, 7:13 AM

Hi,

I am having  trouble connecting my AOC Usb-c Display to my laptop.

It worked as a PnP, however now it's no longer working at all.

I've done all the usual troubleshooting (uninstall drivers, update drivers, update BIOS, rollback drivers, tried various cables).

It was working fine, however now it doesn't display anything. My laptop detects the connection and disconnection of the device, but does not detect an additional display. 

Options

726 Posts

03-11-2020

Norway

81 Signins

4423 Page Views

• Views: 4423
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Yoga 730-13IWL Laptop - USB-C Display not working

2020-09-04, 10:06 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

Yeah i have seen these issues alot, and they tend to creep up after windows updates.

The solution, that i have found, that most often works, consistently:

To do a factory reset, first you will need to make a backup of your important files to an external USB storage unit, or to an online drive.

Then you need to turn off your laptop completely, by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.

To initiate the factory reset, you need to push the tiny button located (Go to pcsupport.lenovo.com search with your serial number, then select pane "Knowledgebase and Guides" Then find the user manual and locate the Novo buttons placement in the manual), You can use for example, a paperclip to press it, after  

you have pressed the button, the laptop will power on, and present a small menu, use the arrow keys to select factory reset, and press the  

enter key to select. Now follow the on screen instructions.

1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Make your way to System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

reboot, Use Lenovo Vantage application to update drivers, reboot, then update windows.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

71 Posts

08-31-2020

United States of America

35 Signins

420 Page Views

• Views: 420
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-09-04, 19:50 PM

Are you seriously suggesting that a "possible fix" to a software problem is to reset the computer?   No offence, but that is ludicrous!  All software can be fixed in and of itself without resetting the OS, you just need to know how.  If you don't know how then I suggest not telling people to reset their computers.

Options

726 Posts

03-11-2020

Norway

81 Signins

4423 Page Views

• Views: 4423
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-09-07, 8:01 AM

Yes, i am serious about this suggestion, you can thank Microsoft for this, because possible solutions keep disapearing for every update they are doing, they overwrite drivers partial, they change driver settings inside the reg. database, and change how lowlevel things work, updating drivers, deleting previous drivers, show in many cases no result, but doing a factory reset, and disable windows driver update feature, actually, solves the issue, for many people.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

4 Posts

11-11-2019

Latvia

7 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-09-07, 22:24 PM

Hello, i guess im having the same problem. I use Lenovo Legion Y520-IKBM intel i7 (gpu GTX-1060 max-q) 

I try to connect my laptop through type-c to displayport on my monitor (Acer Predator XB241YU) and it shows still no signal. Sound from windows that something is connected works but still "No Signal" im having warnity and i got to my local lenovo support. One of support team members said that port is not working like it should and they will diagnose problem and try to fix that. For the record my Windows 10 was updated to 2004 version and all updates done correctly through Lenovo Vantage. Can't say that port worked correctly before because i bought that monitor recently. 

Please reply if fix earlier mentioned worked for someone? 

I wonder problem is Windows 10 updates just ruined port working correctly or just a port physicaly is some kinda damaged or something else? Here's my topic of my problem with some pics:

https://forums.lenovo.com/topic/view/2250/5035902

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms