01-04-2019

US

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 730-15 Docking Station or Hub

2019-01-04, 20:54 PM

I would like to order 730-15's for my employees but can't do it without a suitable hub that supports dual monitors and all the USB related things.  I don't see anything on the market that is a true hub for this that will also charge it and connect all the peripherals.  Might be the only 2 and 1 on the market that doesn't have a legit hub which is a shame since its a great notebook.  Does anyone have a suitable hub that powers and provides peripheral connections suitable for an office environment?   

Options

3 Posts

01-04-2019

US

2 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 730-15 Docking Station or Hub

2019-03-17, 17:29 PM

I'm struggling with the same thing - be great if they could design it to power and plug into TB3 with the same hub like Mac's do.  Absolutely love the Yoga - biggest complaint on my side is having to plug in 10 things to get it up and running every morning.  Would absolutely order these for all my folks if they could fix this.  Specifically getting some engineer to design it for port adjancy in an office environment. 

Options

1 Posts

04-15-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Yoga 730-15 Docking Station or Hub

2020-04-15, 19:22 PM

FOUND ONE!

My Laptop:  Lenovo YOGA 730-15ikb

Docking station:  

j5create - USB Type-C Triple Display Docking Station Model: JCD543 

(https://en.j5create.com/products/jcd543)

All usb peripherals work, audio works, usb charging of my phone "does not" work (probably would if I got the optional power supply for the docking station). I have no issues with work, audio and video (you can see netfiix running below)...I don't game so I can't speak to that.

------------------------------------------------

BACKSTORY and ADDITIONAL INFO

------------------------------------------------

Like many others I did a ton of research trying to find a recommended docking station for this box and kept coming up empty. I tried a dock from Cable Matters that didn't work. I know some usb-c ports only support data so I was a little worried the Yoga 730 wouldn't support video and opened a ticket with Lenovo to verify. I was about to give up when I ran across a J5create docking station at Best Buy while looking for something else. I'd not heard of this company before but figured it wouldn't hurt to try and if it didn't work I could just return it. 

Bought it...took it home...it worked perfectly! I've had 2 HDMI connected monitors running on it for the past 5 months and don't have any issues. In the meantime, after I'd got my setup up and running Lenovo support replied to my ticket via email telling me that the usb-c on the Yoga 730-15 doesn't support video. But...as you can see....it does.  :)

Large display is at 2560 x 1080

Side display is at 1080 x 1920 in portrait mode

Laptop functions as my 3rd display (4k...but that's local and not through the docking station)

The j5create JCD543 has an optional power supply for another $45 and does support charging but...I'm not convinced the Yoga 730-15 supports charging it's battery over usb-c. My experience with the first docking station (Cable Matters) was that video didn't work, charging didn't work, but all the usb peripherals did work through the docking station (mouse, keyboard, storage, etc). I didn't order the power supply for the j5create docking station and instead purchased a 2nd Lenovo power supply that I leave at my desk to charge while working. Sorry....just didn't have enough confidence in the Yoga usb-c at the time to purchase the docking station power cord and try it out. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete