Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KiraLaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 178
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 730 15' - Stuttering despite high FPS and Low Latency in all online games

Hi forum,

This has been an issue since I bought the laptop (about 2 months ago).

Problem:

- All online games I play (Overwatch, League of Legends, etc) consistently stutter despite having high FPS (120) and Low Ping (52ms). It feels like micro lag spikes all the time or maybe input lag.

What i tried:

- Updating all drivers and bios.

- Disabling the pen and touchscreen stuff.

- Optimizing Nvidia, Intel and laptop power settings.

Would appreciate any help even if its not a verified solution. This is frustating.

Thanks, Kira 

Roodit
Punch Card
Views: 173
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 730 15' - Stuttering despite high FPS and Low Latency in all online games

What are the specs on your laptop? Specifically, the panel (guessing it's a 60hz display). I'd make sure that vsync isn't turned on in the games as well.

When games are running, is your CPU able to keep up?

You could also contact support, perhaps they have some insight.
KiraLaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 169
Message 3 of 5

Re: Yoga 730 15' - Stuttering despite high FPS and Low Latency in all online games

The laptop is the IPS FHD 1920x1080 version, so yeah it is 60hz.
I always use vsync off.
I think the CPU can keep up since the problem fixes itself sometimes by restarting the game.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 137
Message 4 of 5

Hi KiraLaptop! Welcome to our forums community.Did it work fine before? Have you checked if there are programs or apps running on the background? Could you provide to us the exact model or specs of the Yoga 730 so we could check some details? Let us know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

KiraLaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 131
Message 5 of 5

- Like i said in the 1st post the issue has been happening since i bought the laptop, only on online games.
- No programs running on background.
As far as the specs go:

Lenovo YOGA 730-15KB-473

Intel® Core™ i7-8550U
RAM 16 GB
SSD 512 GB
15,6 ''
Touch IPS FHD 1920x1080
Nvidia GeForce® GTX 1050 + Intel® UHD Graphics 620

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors