05-26-2010

US

99 Signins

690 Page Views

• Views: 690
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 730 15 Thunderbolt 3

2018-09-24, 11:17 AM

The new Yoga 730-15 has a USB-C/Thunderbolt port, but apparently it is not enabled. What do I have to do to set it up?

1) I see there is a Thunderbolt 3 driver available. Do I have to download and install it? Why would that not have been part of the initial set up of the PC.

2) What else do I have to do? Some systems have additional Thunderbolt software or is that included in the driver download?

JohnD

Options

2556 Posts

12-13-2016

US

4985 Signins

51486 Page Views

• Views: 51486
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 730 15 Thunderbolt 3

2018-09-24, 14:07 PM

One of the first things you should do with any new computer - after making a recovery drive and initial system image - is updating all the drivers and BIOS. A lot of time passes from loading the SSD to computer assembly to shipping.. etc. Things change in that amount of time. Download and install Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store and it'll do that for you.

What makes you think the port isn't working? What have you tried and tested? 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Check out our new Recent Service Tips Area ..your issue may already be solved!
Options

41 Posts

05-26-2010

US

99 Signins

690 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2018-09-25, 8:01 AM
OK,
I do not yet have a Thunderbolt enabled device for it. Nothing is listed in Device Manager for Thunderbolt which is why I did not think anything was set up for it.
I saw there did not seem to be any installed Lenovo system update checker which most manufacturers normally include. I will get Lenovo Vantage and see what needs to be updated.

Thanks,
JohnD
Options

41 Posts

05-26-2010

US

99 Signins

690 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2018-11-16, 4:52 AM

I finally received a Thunderbolt external drive. I downloaded and installed the latest Thunderbolt driver for Lenovo Yoga 730-15 and was able to connect without issues. Apparently that driver was not installed on the system as no Thunderbolt item was listed in Programs and Features before. Now there is. In the D: partition, where Lenovo stored the drivers that were supposedly installed on the system, there was a folder with a Thunderbolt driver, but apparently it was not installed.

I also ran the Lenovo Vantage program and ran an update check. Only two relatively minor items came up which was kind of strange as the Lenovo Driver site for the PC indicated that there was an "urgent" BIOS update available that was released yesterday. I will have to check if there are other discrepencies between Vantage and the website.

JohnD

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete