Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,404
Message 1 of 11

Yoga 730 15 Wifi constantly disconnects

This is the second replacement. First one screen brightness fluctuated infrequently. This one wifi is driving me crazy. Although, high config, this device has been nothing but a piece of garbage.. I have looked up and tried all the solutions but nothing has worked out so far

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,368
Message 2 of 11

Re: Yoga 730 15 Wifi constantly disconnects

Could you list the solutions you HAVE tried so we're not suggesting things you've already done?

Thanks.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Fsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,356
Message 3 of 11

For Wifi, I did reset windows, updated every single driver, disabled the power saving feature.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,353
Message 4 of 11

Things that have worked for other users:

Update your router's firmware. 

Lower your roaming aggressiveness setting. 

Force your router and your computer to stick on the 5GHz band. 2.4Ghz is far too crowded.

Set the power settings for your WiFi card to "maximum performance" for both battery and plugged-in.

Download a WiFi spectrum analyzer tool to see who's on what channel nearby and, if possible, force your router to sit on a channel that's unused. 

Finally, test the computer on another network, such at a coffee shop or at work. 

If it fails no matter where you are, it's time to dig through your Event Viewer and see if something else is amiss.

Fsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,322
Message 5 of 11

Thanks guru for recommended solutions. I am not going to change anything on the router because everyone else’s device and my other devices are working fine. And a new laptop should not require that kind of change in a router. I have tried the other non-router solutions, but still the same. 

I installed the analyzer and looked at the event viewer but not sure what it means.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,305
Message 6 of 11

Routers don't always play well with newer Qualcomm chips. That's why firmware updates for routers are issued.. It may also why everything else will work but not your computer. If you find your computer has no issue with WiFi hotspots elsewhere, then it's the router or band congestion. Either one will require changes in your router. 

Fsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,301
Message 7 of 11

Let's say I bring it to work and let it sit there. Since the Wifi disconnection has no specific interval, how would I be able to monitor the connection?  

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,293
Message 8 of 11

Stream some music. Or, if you can keep an eye on it, stream something safe for work, such as CBS' news channel, CBSN. You should know the minute it drops.  How congested is the WiFi at your workplace?  

Fsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,198
Message 9 of 11

After two replacements, my experience has been nothing but disappointment and frustration. Yoga 730 screen brightness fluctuated noticeably (on both devices) and the wifi would disconnects frequently on the second device. No solution helped. The only good thing about 730 is the built quality but performance-wise not impressive considering such a high config. Unfortunately, I wasted the new year shopping window on this device so now I can’t find anything within my price range with desired specs. The only possible option was again Lenovo but this time the 920. Do you think 920 is better than 730 with respect to performance and reliability? I am not a gamer but also I want something that lasts me at least 5 years without problem. Thanks

CIASpook
Paper Tape
Views: 1,171
Message 10 of 11

I'm having the same problems.

The first month everything was seemingly fine.  But now I'm dropping my Wi-Fi occassionally.  It was really bad at one point late December but after I checked the forums and found there was a Wi-Fi driver update for RealTek, it's better, but not resolved.  Also, it definently depends on routers.

At home I have an Asus RT-AC66R with latest firmware 3.0.0.4.382_50470

I recently travelled aboard into Cambodia and Thailand.  At a hotel in Cambodia, it was virtually unusable.  And that is when I was trying to update the driver for the RealTek WiFi.  I would only have about 1 min before it would disconnect.  My phone, however, never lost WiFi connection.

In Bangkok, Thailand, it was better, but still had regular problems.

Phuket, Thailand was best.  Would still disconnect, but it was management. I could still upload hi rez photos to FB, usually in one attempt before disconnecting.  And I was able to stream Netflix usually without a problem.

Back home...yeah...back to disconnections, but much more reliable than my overseas experience.

In some forum threads, I saw people complaining about the RealTek adapter.  Said after getting it swapped for Intel, the issues went away.

Going to try chat support tomorrow to see about that discussion.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors