Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrysB
What's DOS?
Views: 315
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 730 15 - not holding charge

Hey all, was hoping someone had a solution to my problem. I bought my wife a Yoga 730-15 for school and it's not holding a charge after we shut it down. I did some research and found a few others had the same problem with different models, and the solution was a BIOS update. Well, I update BIOS with the 730-15IKB update. After the update my entire screen shrank to like 25% of the original size. Was this the wrong BIOS update?? I'm not sure if it solved the charging problem either, since only time can tell that.

Thank you in advance for any help that is offered.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 284
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 730 15 - not holding charge

Hi KrysB!

Welcome to the Community,

You mean the laptop is not charging when in off state? Did you download the BIOS update from the support website? Try a power drain first and check if it fix the issue on the display.

https://support.lenovo.com/ng/en/troubleshoot/lpt000683

Also, press Windows Key + R and type msinfo32 in the box. After that, check the current BIOS version. Then, go to our support website https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/ (Enter Serial Number>Drivers and Software>Component: BIOS/UEFI) and check the version of the BIOS available there. We will check if we've downloaded the correct BIOS update.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

KrysB
What's DOS?
Views: 269
Message 3 of 4

Hi, Hector. Thank you for the reply.

The computer will charge fine. but when it's shut down and everything is unplugged, it still loses charge overnight. For instance, it was 100% charged when I put it away 4 days ago--when I turned it on last night, it was at 30%.

I'm going to check the BIOS on the pages you listed, thank you.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 259
Message 4 of 4

Hi KrysB,

Try to observe if you will have the same issue after you've update the BIOS. I would also recommend to do a battery calibration. Just drain the battery to 0% then charge it for 3-4hours while the laptop is turn off. 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors