10-09-2018

US

3 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 730 15" - Screen no longer works, completely black

2018-10-09, 18:41 PM

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730 15" i7 in early August.  For the past couple weeks the screen has started to flicker / go all gray/beige for a few seconds at a time before returning to normal.  On Sunday, the screen went gray/beige for several seconds (longest that I've seen thus far) then went black.  I tried rebooting several times, powering on/off, moving the angle of the screen - nothing worked to bring back the display.  I plugged the laptop into a 4K television via HDMI and the picture displayed perfectly.  It doesn't appear to be an issue with the GPU, at least not that I can tell.

Additionally, I updated the drivers to the latest recommended and updated the BIOS to the latest version found on Lenovo's support website.  Important to note, in one of the many restarts that I did after these updates the Lenovo's loading image displayed for a brief second before Windows loaded before going back to black.  This only happened once and I couldn't reproduce it.

Any ideas or thoughts as to what happened and how the situation can be remedied? 

Thanks!

Options

456 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

423 Signins

2278 Page Views

• Views: 2278
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 730 15" - Screen no longer works, completely black

2018-10-10, 1:52 AM

Hi mtm927!

Welcome to the community forums.

Since you already tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor and you have an output video, it means that the LCD display is malfunctioning and it needs repair. You need to get in touch with our support team to request for a repair by calling them at 877-453-6686, they are open 24 hours/day 7 days/week.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save