Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JEngel0583
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 730-15IKB Plugged in Charging, but battery never charges

I have a Yoga 730-15IKB.  I have it plugged in and the battery indicator states it is "plugged in and charging", but the charge percent never increases.  I had this problem a couple of weeks ago and performed a BIOS upgrade to 1.09.  The problem went away after the BIOS upgrade.  A few days ago I used the laptop on battery and plugged it in after I was done.  The symptoms are back again and the battery no longer charges.  I tried updating all the available drivers via the "Lenovo System Update" utility and I also upgraded to Win10 1809.  I updated the drivers again after the Windows feature update and the issue still persists.  

Is there anything else that can be done besides sending the device in under warranty for repairs?

Thanks

ScooterDude
Serial Port
Views: 171
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 730-15IKB Plugged in Charging, but battery never charges

Ensure that you have a good ground. I used a 3-prong adapter to plug into an extension cord that did not have a ground plug and the computer would not charge. You have to use a 3-prong cord all the way to the outlet.

JEngel0583
Paper Tape
Views: 163
Message 3 of 4

Yep, I have tried multiple different outlets and I have the same result.  I find it odd that a BIOS update temporarily fixed it for a few days and then it stopped charging again.

JEngel0583
Paper Tape
Views: 130
Message 4 of 4

Just to follow up on this.  I realized that I never do a full shutdown and it's always a hybrid one.  I ended up doing a full shutdown and the battery suddenly charges now.  I disabled the hybrid shutdown functionality to prevent this from happening in the future.  There must be some OS bug that is stopping the battery from charging and a full shutdown clears it out and let's the charge continue.  Very strange. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors