CH

10 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 730-15IKB - Touch screen working only for pen but not for my hands

2019-10-30, 6:48 AM

Hi, 

I am having big issues with my yoga 730.  a few days ago I was having wierd crashes where the screen would go black for a few seconds and then recover.  this saturday the touch functionality stopped working for no reason. yesterday the touch functionality was back for some time but then was gone again. 

As of today the touch function for fingers is gone and only works with the pen.

The system is completly up to date via lenovo Vantage.

Running latest version of Windwos 10 
Uninstalling the Driver HID-compliant touch screen  causes the driver to self install after restarting without fixing the issue.

Options

223 Posts

08-02-2018

PH

142 Signins

1681 Page Views

• Views: 1681
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 730-15IKB - Touch screen working only for pen but not for my hands

2019-10-30, 13:27 PM

Hi Ruuds,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

Were there any changes or updates prior to this? Let's boot into Safe Mode to further isolate where the issue is coming from. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. If a problem doesn't happen in safe mode, this means that default settings and basic device drivers aren't causing the issue. Observing Windows in safe mode enables you to narrow down the source of a problem, and can help you troubleshoot problems on your laptop. To enter or boot to Safe Mode, please follow the steps here https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht116905. If you cannot figure out which recently installed app or updates you can use the System Restore Point to go back to an earlier point where your laptop does not have this issue. To check on System Restore Point, please check here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options.

Let us know how things go.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

10-30-2019

CH

10 Signins

89 Page Views

• Views: 89
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 730-15IKB - Touch screen working only for pen but not for my hands

2019-11-02, 12:48 PM

Hello Maru,

I reset the laptop with the option "keep my files"

The touch functionality still does not work in safe mode or otherwise.

I also tried to uninstall the driver HID-compiant touch screen again without any luck.

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save