cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tosulc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 257
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 730-15IKB - Touch screen working only for pen (not working for fingers)

Hello.

From recent Windows update I get this issue. Not sure if it's connected to Windows update or not, but the touch screen is not working anymore when touching with fingers! I'm on latest Windows update OS Build OS 17763.529 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4497934/windows-10-update-kb4497934).

It's working fine with Lenovo Active Pen 2. 

Tried everything on the Internet that I could find and nothing helped. There are also similar issues with 720 model (https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-720-touch-screen-stopped-worki...)

Anyone with similar situation on 730? What can I do?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 200
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 730-15IKB - Touch screen working only for pen (not working for fingers)

Hi tosulc!

Welcome to community forums,

Please open the Lenovo Vantage and run system update to make sure all drivers are up to date. 

You may download it here https://vantage.lenovo.com/if it's not installed.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

tosulc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 186
Message 3 of 7

Re: Yoga 730-15IKB - Touch screen working only for pen (not working for fingers)

Did it already. Everything is up to date. See the screenshot.

Screenshot_6.png

Teresinha
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 4 of 7

Hi.

I have this same issue on my Yoga 720-15IKB.

I tried literally everything i could find online and on this forum (other than formating my laptop to factory settings), and, so far, no help.

It's concerning how many people have had this issue.

tosulc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 169
Message 5 of 7

Few minutes ago, my touchscreen was working just fine. Did the restart and it's not working again. It seams to me like this is some software issue, but I really have no time and nerves to deal with it. 

Contacted one Lenovo provider/service and will let them to handle it. Will report back when they return it.

Tonell
What's DOS?
Views: 87
Message 6 of 7

Re: Yoga 730-13IWL - Touch screen working only for pen (not working for fingers)

Hi guys. I have the same problem. I installed the last version and after 5 day the touch screen didn't work. First time I thought that the touch screen had a problem(broken something like that) but i tried the pen and it's working. I don't know had we can do but it's shameful. I paid a lot of money for what? any way..does anyoane have a solution?

tosulc
Fanfold Paper
Views: 51
Message 7 of 7

Re: Yoga 730-15IKB- Touch screen working only for pen (not working for fingers)

This is some hardware issue, I guess...

Went to the Lenovo official service here in Croatia and they replaced the LCD screen. Since then, everything works just fine with pen or finger touch.

Also, I asked them how many times did they have to change the faulty screens on Yoga 730 models? They said that this is the first one in Croatia since 730 release Smiley Sad

btw. If you didn't know, they don't produce 730-15IKB anymore. Have no idea why. This is by far best 2in1 convertable in the world now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors