Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juux
Fanfold Paper
Views: 275
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 730-15IKB Wifi disconnections

Hi,

I recently bought a Yoga 730-15IKB and its giving me a lot of hell with wifi. It keeps disconnecting from wifi. Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 249
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 730-15IKB Wifi disconnections

First, see if it happens somewhere else, like a public WiFi hotspot or at work. If not, you may need to upgrade/update your router as a lot of older routers or routers with outdated firmware have fits with Qualcomm's  and Windows 10's' newer power-saving schemes.

Second, see if it happens within a foot or two from your router. If you have extenders, unplug those for this test.  Don't proceed until you've tried these two steps.

If the above tests fail:

Set your Roaming Agressiveness to 3 or below

Force your computer to only connect at 5Ghz. You may have to set a different SSID for your router to accomplish this.

Turn off power-saving:

1. Press Windows Key + S, and type Network and Sharing Center.
  2. Click on the top result to open Network and Sharing Center.
  3. Click on Change adapter settings.
  4. Right click on Wireless Network Connection and select Properties.
  5. Click on the Configure button.
  6. Choose the Power Management tab.
  7. Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
  8. Restart your device and check if the issue persists.

Set the WiFi card to "maximum performance" on battery and plugged in. 

With my Qualcomm WiFI laptops, I had to update the router, force 5Ghz and turn off power saving. All runs fine, now. And if it doesn't, a reboot of the router always fixes it. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Juux
Fanfold Paper
Views: 238
Message 3 of 6

thank you, let me try this I will keep you posted on the results

Juux
Fanfold Paper
Views: 224
Message 4 of 6

SO, I tried all the above and I am still facing the same problem. I used my laptop at work and for the first hour it was great but after that it kept disconnecting from wifi. I changed the settings as suggested and that too did not work. I just read online and they seem to be suggesting to replace my wifi card to a generic intel card. What would you recommend I try next?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 200
Message 5 of 6

How much time do you want to put in?  Easiest thnig to do: Swap in an Intel WiFi card. It's not that the card is better, but you're starting over w/r/t drivers and Windows configurations.  More difficult: Dig into the error messages in Event Viewer > System.  If you see a lot of DCOM errors or WLAN warnings, that's possibly where the problem lies. Go to add/remove programs and look for a Qualcomm installer program. If it's there, remove it. On my 910, that program collided with a Windows update and I was forever fixing registry keys. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
My1stLenovo_JT
Punch Card
Views: 170
Message 6 of 6

try rolling back the wifi driver to the last version.

I did that with my lenovo 730 13 inch and the wifi improved somewhat. Still disconnects on ocassions, but not as frequently. 

ultimately, if you wish to resolve this issue permanetly, a wifi card replacement is probably needed. the disconnections are caused by the realtek wifi card or its driver.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors