cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daehxxiD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 122
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 730 15IKB won't sleep with usb-c hub (w/ HDMI)

Hi guys and girls,

I recently got a Lenovo Y730 15" and am having some trouble with it. The most annoying thing has to be that it completely loses sleep-function whenever I connect a usb c hub to the usb c - port.

Let me elaborate:

After plugging it in, everything works perfectly fine; it even sleeps just fine if I hit the power-button, close the lid or select Sleep from the Start Menu.

However, after waking and/or rebooting without unplugging the bloody hub, whenever I send the Laptop to sleep, it turns off only to be reactivated immediately afterwards. I tried two usb c hubs already; 1 from Inateck with both HDMI and LAN; one directly from Lenovo, with only HDMI. The laptop sleeps perfectly fine without the hub(s). It does not matter if anything is plugged into the hub or not.

The message from the event-monitor is super curious btw. as it does say that "Power switch" (in German: Netzschalter) reenabled the PC, when in fact I have not touched the power switch whatsoever.

All components up-to-date according to Lenovo Vantage. I'd also appreciate just anyone trying this (remember, you have to sleep once and then try to sleep a second time without un-/re-plugging the hub.

daehxxiD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 81
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 730 15IKB won't sleep with usb-c hub (w/ HDMI)

No one?

Unfortunatly I was also not helped by contacting the support. They said that our model (Yoga 730 - 15lKB) is not compatible with ANY USB-C Hubs or Docks...

Seems kind of silly to then even include an USB-C port, given it can't even be used to charge as far as I found out.

Still hoping someone here can test my issue so maybe we can determine whether it's just my luck or actually a flaw in the product.

I'm going to receive another hub without HDMI shortly, as I belive that may be the culprit. I'll keep you or, well, myself posted.

daehxxiD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 74
Message 3 of 4

Got a new USB-C hub, (SD-Card, 2 USB 3.0 Ports, LAN)... Did the same thing (e.g. Sleep once works, but does stop working until you unplug and replug the hub).

Very, very annoying, but I guess I'll have to live with it. Unless I'll just return the laptop and get another one that allows charging through usb-c and maybe even has proper support for usb-c docks.

daehxxiD
Fanfold Paper
Views: 54
Message 4 of 4

Alright, last update from me until Lenovo does something (as long as I still have the laptop).

Did a complete reinstall of windows (that is, a complete fresh install, not just a factory reset)... Same exact issue with a completetly fresh system.

First time it sleeps like a baby, every subsequent sleep command doesn't last for longer than a second. DEFINITLEY something fishy with the firmware/bios or maybe just generally the Whiskey Lake-Platform in the Yoga 730.

Really hope someone from Lenovo is reading this or at the very least some other poor soul out there, experiencing the same issue I am going through right now.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors